We spent out last full day in D.C. at the zoo. It was a great zoo with tons to see! We came across a very cute little monkey:

In all seriousness though, we did see some very cute animals. Like...

sea otters (I thought of you, mom),
a red panda,

a pigmy hippo,

seals,

and my favorite...the momma gorilla feeding her baby. I have a soft spot in my heart for mothers, so when I saw this momma taking such good care of her baby my heart melted. It was a reminder to me that mothers are nurturers. We all love our babies and want to do all in our power to make them happy and safe.
4 comments:
Lita, I haven't been on the computer forever because mine is still not working and Daddy is always on his so I never seem to get more than just a quick glance at the comp. So, I just read all your posts about DC and now I want to go more than ever, and I want to see all the museums, but I think Dallen would get a bit bored. I wish we could make it a girls trip. Any way, thanks for the little pics of the otters....you know that's what I want to be in my next life. Tee hee. Love ya more than otters.
What an awesome zoo! Looks like y'all had a blast. Nice to get some time off I know...you deserve a fun time.
And I am not sure what you are talking about seeing a monkey. I did not see one in that pic. Just a gorgeous baby girl!!
Isn't D.C. the best? I love it. I am glad that you guys were able to see all the sights. It looks like you had a lot of fun! =c)
Totally laughing here. The picture of the gorilla is precious, but when I saw it I immediately thought, "Poor mom, she's totally getting pinched!" Maybe that's because I just got done feeding Sally and she tried to take a bite out of me, OUCH! So glad I found your blog!
Post a Comment