Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Washington D.C. - The City (Day Two)

So, there is A LOT to do in D.C. We didn't touch half of it, but we did enjoy what we did get to see. I would love to go back. The great thing about this city is that everything is pretty much free. That is great for a student budget! We took the metro into the city. Charlotte looked a little confused and very grateful that she didn't have to go back into a carseat after having been in one for six hours the previous day.When we stepped off the metro, we saw the capital in one direction... and the Washington Monument in the other.Our first stop was the Museum of Natural History.We took a lunch break at Ollie's Trolly. It was as bright yellow burger place that seemed pretty popular.Adam and Josh didn't seem to interested in anything inside the Museum of American History. While Sarah and I browsed the exhibit on the First Ladies, they went to see if they could find a sports section. They were very disappointed when all that was in that section was a pair of skates. With their lack of enthusiasm for this museum, Sarah and I decided it'd be best for them to not be in the picture. :)We couldn't go to Washington D.C. without seeing the White House.

1 comment:

Karen Nelson said...

I just love the look on Charlotte's face in the picture with the penguin. I don't know what she is looking at but she has a darling smile on her face! What a happy baby! Great child rearing skills there!