Shortly after Adam and I got married, my nice, hot shower was interrupted by a cup of cold water being poured on me from above the shower curtain! ARGH! I was not happy. This began a long debate between Adam and I as to whether pouring cold water on your spouse is considered flirting or not. Since then, I have had snow balls thrown at me while walking to/from my car, my cup tipped back as I'm drinking from it (leading to cold water going up my nose and all over my face), and I've been pushed into cold water running from the shower head. It always makes me mad, and then Adam gets upset because I get mad and don't start a water fight.A friend of mine had her husband pour cold water on her while she was in the shower. It made me think...how many people consider this to be flirting? Don't get me wrong...I enjoy a good prank, but I do not consider cold water on me as a flirtatious act. What do you think....flirting or not???
22 comments:
LOL! We used to pour cold water on each other in the shower ALL THE TIME as kids! Sorry but we were big on water fights. I guess in that light though I dont know if it would be considered flirting or not, maybe more something you do to those you love. Plus I am an instigator, I know I've done it to Jonny a couple times..but not in a while now that I think about it...
I guess we are just big kids now. What you need to do is get a big pitcher, fill it with ice water...not just a little cup, and make sure there is ice...pull back the curtain, make sure it gets him really good, and listen to him scream like a girl! (As a side not I never pulled the curtain back, but as his wife you can do that cause then you'll see his face too which will make it twice as funny!) Try it and you'll be converted to the practice. Its so funny!
That is so not flirting. I do stuff like that to Zach and Chase and my room mates.... and I am so NOT flirting with them.
Cassie is so right. Adam does scream like a little girl when cold water gets poured on him and it is priceless. We havent done it in a while to the boys... Cassie at the end of the summer we are soooo doing to them. It will be fun.
You guys are all CRAZY! Cassie, I can hear you laughing in my head everytime I read what you wrote. If I do that I am going to have to watch my back because Adam will have to get me back bigger and better. You Nelsons are dangerous to battle with!
Charlissa, maybe when you're here visiting we can get Adam. I think I'll need your support to be brave enough to do something like that.
I seem to be having comment box issues. I'm not saying it isn't flirting, but I am saying that it certainly isn't effective flirting if you aren't amused.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”
Sorry, Adam
Oh my Laura... We are so doing it. Adam won't evenn know what hit him. HAHAHAHA. I am even more excited to come see you now!!!
Hey.......I think you guys forgot that I can read these comments too. Any pranks pulled on me will be avenged 7 fold, even if you think it is flirting.
I did this twice to Brett while he was in the shower for a couple of reasons and from his reaction I would definitely NOT consider it flirting. It is pretty much the only thing he has ever gotten mad at me for. Haha
I've said it before AND I will say it again. Absolutely not flirting. Flirting is something that leads to falling in love. A cup of cold water from my other half absolutely DOES not make me love my husband more. :)
ADAM....tisk, tisk, tisk. Watch out!
Showers are a bit of R&R for me. A cup of cold water would not make me smile. I'd have to vote not flirting, but maybe it could be on a hot summer day...
Flirting???? not so much. Although my husband and I have done it to each other many times over the years. It's usually a way to get back at each other for some other prank. It is shocking but the warm water is right there to help with a quick recovery ;)Oh, over the top of the shower is always the best plan of attack!!
What do I think...A great BIG "not flirting"....that is something you do to a sibling. Are you reading this too Adam? You want to make your wife happy? Fill the tub with warm sudsy water. Light a few candles. Tell her to go in there and lock the door behind her while she has some "Laura time" while you're watching Charlotte and I promise you'll get better results than you'll ever get with a cup of cold water. That's the way to play the flirting game.
Dan is the original instigator of this "sport". This would have never happened in my home growing up so I was shocked when Dan did it to me the first time. Was it flirting? Well, if it was he was not successful!
With that said, it can be fun though. We have had a blast in this house doing it to each other over the years. I don't think Adam really believes he is flirting, I think he is just full of mischief.
Adam I do not care that you read this.... Lets be seriousyou will probably toally forget about it by the time I come there...:)
It's only flirting if BOTH play the game. So tell Adam to stop picking on you geez!!! :)
That is terrible. I would be so irritated if Ed did that to me. Especially the cup thing. Basically, you look like an idiot if it happens in public because (if you're like me) it would get all over your clothes. Totally understand where you're coming from.
I am most emphatically against cold water for anything but drinking in the summer. So NOT FLIRTING!! I'm with you Laura.
Absolutely NOT NOT NOT flirting. I'd be SO MAD if Michael did something like that to me!
I love water fights on a hot summer day...but, this is totally not flirting.
Wes would be PISSED if I did that to him, and I don't really know how I would react if he did that to me-probably not well.
Not a fan of this one, sorry Adam. I am with Laura here.
I have to vote for NOT FLIRTING! It is getting a laugh at your expense...and sooo something Scott would do....if he had the idea...so I am glad he doesn't read blogs or I would get it for sure.
I dont think it is flirting
Right after Chris and I got married I was in the shower and Chris brought the garden hose in and got me now that was COLD.....
But it sounds like u go through the same thing with Adam as I go through with Chris so good luck....
Ohhhhh josh did that to me early on in the marriage and I definitely didnt think it was romantic or flirty! lol
Post a Comment