Saturday, March 28, 2009

Watermelon Carving

Last night it was Adam's turn to plan our date night. His idea...carving a watermelon. We each had our own side to carve. We couldn't look at each other's designs until finished. We were going to put the pictures up on the blog and let people vote for the best one, but by the time we were done it was pretty obvious which carving would win. Here's mine:and here's Adam's:Mine's totally better, right? Okay, I know you can't even tell what mine is. It was supposed to be a bunny in an Easter basket. Now can you see it? Still no? Okay, I know I stink at carving watermelons. Adam's is beautiful and very clear. He pretty much is better than me with all things that require using hands. After all this hard work we destroyed it and ate the watermelon.
I know we look a little miserable in these pictures. We weren't. It was the end of a long test week...we were both deprived of sleep at this point. The date was most enjoyable!

7 comments:

Larysa said...

watermelon carving?! what a fun idea! and I bet the result is alot tastier than pumpkin carving. I am so impressed by how good you guys are about doing date night.

ps-I can totally tell that yours was a bunny! hehe

Karlene said...

Love the date idea, you married such a creative guy. Remember the carmel apples he made when you were dating??? Okay, we won't go there, but he is great at carving watermelons. Looks like a lot of fun.

Alison said...

Great idea! I did think yours was a fish at first, sorry :) But now I can see the bunny!

Karen Nelson said...

I knew it was a bunny! I promise! Adam is very talented and his artistic side is always just a creative thought away.
I am so glad that y'all have so much fun together. Never stop.

Candi said...

Watermelon carving?? Crazy but sweet! Love the CTR....wow
Who knew there was talent in watermelon carving

Cassie said...

Such a fun idea! We may have to copy you sometime

Rachel Holloway said...

That is the COOLEST idea! Seriously! And I have to say, Adam has some mad carving skills. Impressive!