Adam is just like his dad...he wins every game he lays his hands on (except when his dad is playing). I have gotten used to losing most of the time. Oh, I try to talk myself up during the game and step on him, but I've found this only strengthens his competitive side and before I know it, I'm left alone with my hurt pride...another loss.Last night for Family Home Evening we pulled the game out to play it with the missionaries and another sister in our ward, Rachel. Well, Adam put up a bit of a fight when I suggested we play it, but everyone else seemed okay with the game. So, we decided to play boys against girls. Well, those boys put up a good fight, but when we had earned 5 of our 6 pie pieces, their chances of winning looked pretty slim (they only had 2 at this point). We got stuck on those darn hard pink questions! After several wrong answers they caught up to us. How? Their secret weapon...Elder Richie. He knew a lot more about those Disney movies than I had banked on! It was kind of funny because both Adam and Elder Foster looked at him like he was some kind of alien when he'd throw out an obscure (and correct) answer. Well, they got the best of us a girls and we had to walk away defeated! All I can say is, I demend a rematch! Adam vs. Laura....I don't think he deserves to bask in Elder Richie's glory!!!!!
14 comments:
I love Disney Trivial Pursuit! And I hate when Brett beats me, especially if he had help in some way. LoL I think you are totally justified in wanting a rematch. That is fun that you guys play so many games, though.
Jonny always wins everything too but maybe if we had that game I could win something once im a while. We should play boys against girls next time we are together. I bet we would whip them!
Wes wins everything too. And sadly he pretty much hates the games I love...
You do deserve a rematch...but can Adam handle it?!
That is SO funny! I can't believe the Elder knew so much!!!
Sounds like you and I need to play a game of Disney Trivial Pursuit while I'm there in August. Do you think he's man enough to take on the Zuluaga women?
You two are too funny. I wish I could spend time with you, I think we would have a blast. Well just know, he only won because of Elder Richie. :)
As Adam's mother and in his defense, let me say....
you do need to play again because I know he could not do it on his own.
Not to be rude, but I KNOW the attitude and looks he has when he is winning..."the try and be modestly proud"...because I play with someone with the same looks...Adam's Dad!!!
This way of reacting to winning and no one gets in your way while you do is so kindly called the "screw your buddy" attitude in the Nelson family of which I am only a part through marriage.
I lose pretty graciously usually...but at other times, let me just say, we do not always go to bed happy. : )
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful GAMERS beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and A fabulous GAME PLAYER?
Actually, who are you not to be GREAT GAMERS?
You are a child of God.
Your playing GAMES small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking FROM THE CHALLENGE so that other people won't feel insecure IN THEIR GAMING around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of GAMING within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone (WELL MAYBE JUST IN SOME AFTER ALL).
And, as we let out own GAMEFACE shine, we consciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear (OF LOSING), our presence automatically liberates others TO CONCEDE DEFEAT IN OUR PRESENCE."
- Marianne Williamson (with some help)
Nice quote there, Dad! Unfortunatly...you are disqualified from being provided any pity because you are in the same category as Adam. :)
Dan, you need to watch out for lightning strikes!!!
And remember...pride does go(eth) before the fall!
Hi Laura, I didn't know where else to answer your question so here I am. Rachel's blogspot is dancesintherain15.blogspot.com. I believe she has you on her blogger buddies list but has never posted any comments. We'll see how it goes. Love you sweet girl.
I think you should definitely do a rematch. Laura, you would soooo whoop up on him if he was alone. Just don't play it to often becasue he will learn the answers and then will win. Trust me I know.... He is just like my dad and thats how he is.
Post a Comment