Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Rematch huh?

Ok, it is 1 in the morning, and I have been cramming like crazy for a test I have to take in less than 7 hours, but I took a break to get on the blog. As I gaze through my red and sleep deprived eyes, I discover that my wife has chosen to share the spoils of my victory with all who read. I see that there was some battered pride in my defeat of one so wise in Disney/Pixar facts and figures. I am not one to boast (much) of my win of the ages, but I wish to dedicate it to all males that fall under the opression of chick flick movies and late night "feelings" talks. To all those that have spouses that get mad when they lose, yet also get mad when you don't try your hardest. I'm not implying that my spouse falls under that criteria, but I have heard in distant lands that they do exist. If any knows where the medium is between "winning" and "letting them win" where both parties can remain happy, please respond to this, I have yet to find that level. I also read in many of the comments (oppressors) that a challenge has been made to repeat merely because I had help. I am not one to turn away a challenge. I will study Disney like my life depends on it. I will know the odd facts that no one else knows, like what was the name of Gaston's sidekick, cause I missed that dang question last time and it really bugged me!!! I will spew forth the knowledge as if it were common knowledge and I will achieve victory!!!
Also, do not let my spouse fool you into thinking that she always loses. There have been many a times that I have LET HER WIN. Plus, she always wins the "who can scratch their spouses back the longest" game.

9 comments:

The Bald Eagle said...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN...SEE MY POSTED COMMENTS TO LAURA's LAST ENTRY...sorry for corrupting an otherwise inspiring verse with the spirit of gaming but I couldn't help myself.

Laura said...

Oh buddy...you just wait! All the studying in the world could not prepare you for a rematch! These things are engraved into my past.

Nice try throwing the "I let you win" remark in there. I refuse to let your bantering deter my focus!

Karen Nelson said...

Like father....like son....

Karen Nelson said...

Adam, I think you need to have the Rocky theme song playing in the background!

beckee said...

This really will be a rematch for the ages-just like in Rocky Balboa (which Wes & I watched last night...interesting...)!

I cannot wait to hear about the rematch!

Oh, and I hope your test goes/went well Adam!

Cassie said...

LOL...you sound a lot like Jonny. And see thats the point you NEED to study! For those of us that are female we would have easily been able to answer that Gaston's sidekick is named Lafoo. And I'm sure Laura wouldnt mind you winning the "who can scratch their spouses back the longest" game...I sure know I wouldnt mind losing that.

Laura said...

AMEN Cassie!

Candi said...

Laura and Adam,

You guys are hilarious. Oh my, Okay so battle it out because trust me Adam there is no middle ground, there are only winners and sore losers. I still have my money on Laura. (lol)

Nathan said...

hey
You know what when you come in November or December we should totally go you me Adam and who ever else wants to go