Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Zach's Visit

So this is all overdue since Zach left a week ago from tomorrow. Adam's brother Zachary came up to visit us for a couple weeks during Adam's summer break. It was so much fun to have him here! I have to admit that I was a little jealous because I had to work while he was here so I didn't get to hang out with them a whole bunch. There aren't a lot of pictures from his trip because I wasn't around to take them, and Adam doesn't think about it.
One of the Saturdays, we went to a lake to ride some paddle boats. We got there about 30 minutes before they start renting them out so we killed some time by skipping rocks into the lake and chatting. It began raining, make that pouring, 5 minutes after we got out on the lake so our adventure was short lived. We'll have to make another trip for paddle boating!
Adam and Zach definitly got their fill in of video games and movies. I think Adam was secretly in heaven because I'm not very fun to play video games with. I get lost and can never keep up, and I usually die. Zach is a much better partner, and he's more willing to watch all the action packed movies that I don't care for so much. Adam even admitted to me today that he's really bored now without Zach around during the day. Zach and Adam also visited the Science Museum. They said they enjoyed it despite the fact that they were the oldest people there without kids.
So, there was a lot of brotherly love happening during the visit. As you can see, Adam is pretty much squishing Zach in the picture below. There was a lot of picking on him while he was here, but Zach's a good sport. It was so much fun having him around. We played a lot of games in the evenings, and Zach would keep us entertained with his hilarious sense of humor. We were laughing so hard, our sides hurt.
Thanks Zach for coming to visit us! We had so much fun, and we miss you.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Karen Nelson said...

How embarassing...I am sitting at my desk at work just crying.
I am SO happy Zach could go out and I am SO happy that he is back again...no one else seems to want to talk as much as he does.

Sarah said...

How fun! Matt's brother came to visit about a week ago. They had a blast! I am glad Adam had some time with his brother. And I know what you mean about the video games I don't think I got to watch T.V. at all downstairs the XBOX took over! LOL Boys will be boys!

Charlissa said...

Zach realy is a ham. I laugh so hard I start to cry just about everyday!!! Oh and Laura I totally understand with the video game thing... When I lived with Cassie and Jonny, he tried to teach me how to play Halo and he was to no avail. He always had to come back and jump around until I could see him and follow him. I am not real good at those games either.

Anonymous said...

Laura you forgot to say that Adam was throwing rocks at me also. Yeah i had alot of fun with yall
Zachary