Pregnancy is like nothing else I've ever experienced. It takes everything that I am familiar with about myself and transforms it into something I'm not used to. My first adventure was going blind (if you're not familiar with this you can read about it here). There have been good things too, like the fact that my used-to-be-thin nails grow extrememly fast and rarely break. This past week I've experienced something I never thought I would: CANKLES. For those of you unfamiliar with what a cankle is, it's an ankle that is as big as your calf. It's hard to determine where you calf ends and your ankle begins.
Adam and I laughed so hard at how mishapen and swollen my ankles and feet were. The next day I decided to wear shoes without a strap across the top to see if that would help. When I took my shoes of last night, this is what I saw:
Never in a thousand years did I expect to look down and see this! Again, my toes didn't swell because they were in the shoes. Those shoes I had worn were new ones that were bigger than my usual shoe size. I was hoping that a bigger size would be more comfortable, but even these shoes didn't fit on my feet by the end of the day!
Yeah, my feet didn't swell so badly, but my ankle sure did. It swelled so much that my ankle is actually bigger than part of my calf! The tennis shoes were extremely uncomfortable and made my feet burn, so I won't be doing that again. I think I'm going to just start wearing flip flops to work even though I'm not supposed to. Thanks goodness I only have a few more weeks of being pregnant! Then I can get back to my familiar ankles and feet...
Well, some mild swelling started about a month ago. Nothing to exciting really. Then, when I got home Wednesday night I took my shoes off to discover this:
This morning my feet were still a bit swollen, but I decided to wear tennis shoes to work, hoping that it would keep the swelling out of my feet just like the shoes had kept it out of my toes for the past couple of days. Here's today's picture:
23 comments:
Thanks for the good laugh, those are the funniest cankles I have ever seen. I couldn't stop chuckling after I got off the phone with you. It's great that you can laugh at yourself.
OH MY GOSH! That looks PAINFUL! I hope the swelling goes down soon!!!
This is so funny! I love that you took pictures of your feet and posted them. Only 37 more days to go though!
You make cankles look sexy!!! :)
you're poor feeties! they are HUGE!!!
yikes! mine looked just like that when I was pregnant with jack! i could push in the skin, and it would stay indented! i was expecting the swelling to go away as soon as I had the babe too, but it took like 3 weeks...so don't freak out if it doesn't go away...it's normal, i think!?
When I read the title, I thought, no way could Laura have cankles..oh but you so do! :) I'm sorry. I had them too, especially during the last month. I think it is a combo of the heat and all the extra blood and fluids. You will have your ankles back again! Hang in there!
Ah Laura...you tell those boys of mine to pamper you a little more!
Oh laura don't worry it's all worth it in the end! you still look as cute as can be, being pregnant just brings out the best in woman ha ha.
Ahh, All that you go through just makes you appreciate that little baby more. I lived in flip flops when I was prego. It's SOO hot in the summer it's impossible not to swell up. I gain 7lbs in one week (the last week of my pregnancy) from water weight. I hadn't really complained before then. Good lucky with the end of your pregnancy. I can't wait to see pics of the little one!
Ooooohhhh Laura. I had the same thing when I was pregnant with Danny. It was summer in Prvoo and I was working at a desk and even though I'd put my feet up, still two sizes bigger than my normal size. However, my curly hair went straight as a pin and my nails were stronger too. Hang in there, sweetie. It's all a part of this wonderful adventure. Love you
Laura, I'm so sorry, but on the up side of this I had to chuckle. Your body goes through so much when your pregnant. And isn't it good to know that this to shall pass. Hang in there your almost done.
Pregnancy does do some crazy things! I never experienced that though. Poor thing. Maybe you should try wearing slippers to work! LOL j/k Honestly though I think that you are the cutest pregnant chick!
Thanks for the preview of upcoming events! I have days here and there where my wedding ring is tighter that I am comfortable with so I dont wear it.
The weird thing is, your feet may stay bigger after the baby is born (not swollen, thank goodness). My feet are about 1/2 a size bigger now. Some shoes fit and others don't! It's crazy!
I couldn't laugh any harder! You poor girl!
hey,
I'm making a parody on vampires and monsters in general.
Och, I am not looking forward to that!
Laura I am not going to lie but that is kinda gross. I know it is just my severe dilike for feet that is really talking there.... sorry.
Now the loving sister in me..... says the same... haha just kidding. You should ask Zach to massage your feet... He is real good at it. I'm sorry that is happening to you. Just remember only 1 more month...
Oh Laura I feel your pain. I swelled like that with Carlee but had almost no swelling with Jackson. So don't expect it to be so bad with the second. I'm excited for your babe to get here and for you to be done with it. Good luck!
Laura, I could NOT stop laughing! Does the swelling hurt or is it just funny looking?
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure this sort of thing will happen to me whenever I'm expecting.
Your telling me. I have an extensive vocab but i don't know how to write it. Ha ha. I suck at life.
Yeah,
But I don't know like she was cool but not as fun as I planned it to be. O well. It was nice to go skating and have money to pay for myself.
Post a Comment