D&C 122:7
This post could turn out to be a long one if I were to write out the entire story. Let's just say that the above scripture really seems to have set the tone for our day. I'll do my best to just get down the highlights:
The plan:
Adam will take the Mazda into the autoshop for a tune up at 8 a.m. He also will drive a friend of ours downtown for a 9 o' clock interview where I work. In order to do this, Adam drops me off at the bus stop this morning so that he can have the Toyota to drive our friend downtown.
Obstacle 1:
Our friend sleeps in and they don't leave until 8:45 a.m. They now have 15 minutes to make a 30 minute drive. No big deal since the co-worker she has an appointment with is running late as well and hasn't even arrived at the office yet.
So, 45 minutes goes by (yeah, way too long), and I get introduced to...
Obstacle 2:
I get a phone call from Adam...and he doesn't sound too happy. I ask him what's wrong, and he tells me that he wrecked the car. In the meantime, someone comes into the office that I have to check in and write up a parking validation for. I tell Adam I'll call him back and hang up the phone. My head is spinning at this point as a thousand questions for him run through my head, and I regret not having asked if everyone is okay (there were four of them in the car). I quickly finish taking care of the guest and call someone to cover reception for me while I call Adam back.
The damage:
The two left wheels are bent out of shape and the car isn't drivable. Luckily, no one was hurt. He sent our friend to walk to the building where I work (I guess they weren't too far away) so she could make it to her interview. By this point I'm a bit annoyed that Adam wrecked the car, especially since the other car is in the autoshop already.
What a little communication can solve:
He then asks me to get him the number of our insurance agent. I tell him that the number is on the insurance card in the glove box. He then tells me that it's not and that he left the cards at home. Realization dawns on me...he's in the Mazda, not the Toyota. I asked him what car he was driving to make sure, and I'm right...he's in the Mazda. I asked him why he didn't take the car into the autoshop earlier. He said that they didn't have time since our friend slept in.
The moral:
My co-worker told my friend during the interview that "everything happens for a reason" (in reference to them both running late this morning and the car wreck). I know that my friend wasn't too happy about having slept in, but I told her that I was grateful for it in a way. If she hadn't slept in, Adam would have had time to take the Mazda into the autoshop. They would have been in the Toyota for the wreck, and we would have been without any cars for a couple of days. It's amazing how everything can still turn out all right even when everything seems to be going wrong.
17 comments:
Oh man!That totally stinks! I hope you guys are okay! :) Please let us know if there is anything you need. We would be happy to help you out with rides if you need!
Dang! That is a bad day! And doesn't it all hit at once? I am sorry to hear about your bad day, btu glad you have a good perspective on things. That is one of my favorite scriptures, and I remember it often!!! :)
What a wonderful attitude you have. I'm sure at the time you felt alot of stress but instead of dwelling on it, you've not only turned it around, but you found a moral to the story and my favorite scripture to accompany it. Glad Adam is allright. Love you
What an optimist, isn't it better to look for the good in all situtions? Glad everything worked out for the best. I know it wasn't the best morning, but at least everyone is okay and no one was hurt. Things could of been a lot worse.
Blessings come in the strangest ways, huh??
Oh no I am sorry that your car is wrecked hopefully that damage isn't too bad and it won't take long to fix. By the way I love your positive attitude. You are a great person Laura!
Oh no I am sorry that your car is wrecked hopefully that damage isn't too bad and it won't take long to fix. By the way I love your positive attitude. You are a great person Laura!
Son of a gun... what a day! I'm glad Dan was able to get you guys. Let us know if you need any rides or anything! :)
That is scary and a huge blessing all in one! I am glad that everyone is ok!
what a crazy morning! I can't believe the irony of having the wrong/right car with him.
The stress of dealing with the details of a car accident are the last thing you need right now. I am glad that no one was hurt!
I'm so sorry! I know how it feels to be annoyed that your husband wrecked the car though. Its hard to remember it was an accident sometimes. I'm glad eveyone is ok. I'm sorry I havent been able to talk to you lately I promise I will call you soon.
I am just so grateful that everyone was OK. These things just do happen especially when it is least expected. Y'all handled it well!!
My Goodness! I'm glad that everyone was ok and that you still have a car to drive. Everything really does happen for a reason.
This is so true Laura! I am glad that everyone is okay and everything worked out alright!
Our Heavenly Father always has a plan! I am glad everyone was okay! :)
Yeah, everything really does happen for a reason. I am still not happy that I slept in, but maybe it was divine intervention. We hope your car is doing better, and that the expenses weren't too high!
Post a Comment