At least twice a month Adam and I have Family Home Evening with the missionaries and another sister in our ward. I always look forward to those Mondays.
My brothers, Dario and Josh, just entered the MTC (missionary training center) last Wednesday. As we were sitting at the kitchen table last night, playing a game for the FHE activity, I realized that my brothers were now missionaries just like these young men sitting with us. It seemed a little strange to me for I still see them with wrinkled pants and an untucked shirt walking into the chapel. I also was reminded that the Elders who were sitting at our table have families at home who are praying for thier success and safety just as Adam and I pray for my brothers every night. It made me hope that wherever Dario and Josh go, they will be taken care of and supported in all the labors that they perform. I know that the Lord will watch over them, just as he's watched over the missionaries here. I also have a stronger desire to support the missionaries in any way I can because to someone else, they are probably that younger brother who was told time and time again by his mother to "tuck in his shirt."
6 comments:
So true! I hope your brothers have much success on their missions! Don't you love having so many missionaries out here to support?!?!
That is so great to see your brothers again! They look like seasoned missionaries already. I realize they are in a way because your family did such a wonderful job to help them gain a testimony of missionary work. I am so happy for you and your family! We will pray for your brothers also.
I loved having Adam on his mission even though it was so very hard to have him gone. I cried with every letter I wrote and cried again with every letter I received. We even had a "shrine"..as the kids called it...so we could see where Adam had been and pictures and scriptures and quotes...you get it.
But, most of all, the Spirit within our home during that time was indescribable. So very strong, and we pulled together as a family in ways we had not before. Also, the letters Adam sent home full of his testimony was of such benefit to all of us and the growth of our own testimonies. We will be forever grateful for his sacrifice to the Lord for those 2 years...which we are all still reaping blessings from.
I am excited for Zach and Chase to go in a few years also.
LIta, you made me cry. It's so hard to believe that they are gone but my cup runneth over with gratitude. Thank you for your example to them and for the weight you carried on you shoulders being the oldest, you carried it well and still do. I have been blessed with wonderful children and I thank the Lord every day for all of you. Thank you for praying for your brothers, I know the strength of your prayers and that will truly help them in their work. Te amo, mi amor.
It warms my heart to hear a sister speak so highly and lovingly about her brothers. I know. It isn't hard when those boys are as wonderful as Josh and Dario. I miss them already but rest assured that we continue to support and encourage them as well.
By the way, I love the new look on your blog. You never cease to amaze me with your talent. You should find some way to hire yourself out to others that don't feel as creative as you are and help them with their blogs.
The Zuluaga row looks so empty right now :(
Post a Comment