Monday, June 16, 2008

Sometimes, friends become family.

Okay, I am just TOO excited to not tell everyone about the Wagners. Adam and I met Seth and Emily long before we met each other. Seth and Adam were roommates at good old, Bunkhouse and Emily lived two doors down from me at Royal Crest. Seth and Emily started dating just a bit before Adam and I did. Then, Seth and Adam left Emily and me alone in Rexburg for an entire summer (how rude of them!) so they could go install security systems. Emily and I spent a couple months leaning on each other for support and having tearful, life-pondering, heart-wrenching we're-so-lonely-we're-going-to-die conversations in Rexburg while Adam and Seth probably had long conversations about security systems and sports in Kansas. Well, Adam and I went to Georgia for the fall and Emily and Seth were reunited in Idaho. We got engaged and married and all ended up in Rexburg for one more semester before Adam and I ventured to Ohio. We would always joke about how we were going to someday live next door to each other and have tunnels underground to and from each others houses (I don't really know why we need tunnels if they're just next door). Yet, that seemed like a nice friendship fantasy. I mean, how likely is it that we'd end up living in the same place?
Well, we found out a few months ago that Seth got a job here in Cleveland! I guess they really meant business when they said we'd live next door to each other one day (and we wouldn't want it any other way)! They won't be out here until the end of August/beginning of September, but I am so happy that they are coming. Over the past couple of years they have become such wonderful friends that we can depend on and totally be ourselves around...I consider them to be family for sure! I can't wait to make new memories with them and hopefully...they'll end up next door. I mean, seriously, who wouldn't want to be neighbors with a couple that you can do this with:

12 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HOW EXCITING!! I am SO glad you are gonna have some great friends to share the time with here. It's always fun to meet new people, and I can't wait to meet them!

beckee said...

That is AWESOME!!! It's so important to have good friends around when you are so far from family! We totally know about that!

Karlene said...

Isn't it great to have friends like that. The Lord always takes care of us when we live away from our own families. I hope I get to meet them some day.

Sarah said...

Friends can definitely be family. It will be fun for you guys to have some good buddies move close by.

Karen Nelson said...

OK...this is my second post. The reason you cannot see my first post...is I Have NO Clue!
Anyway, the last one was a novel. This will be very condensed in case it becomes lost.
Great Friends=Awesomeness!!
Can be better than family.
Another Tender Mercy of the Lord.
So happy for y'all.
Love YOU!!!!

Karen Nelson said...

Good...since the last comment made it to your blog, I am going to add a PS:
Laura, I have messed up my blog AGAIN. I am trying to be all techno, but I think maybe I am just not. Don't be discouraged, I know you rescue my un-techno-ness usually. I really can learn. Soon, I may even show you!!!

Seth and Emily said...

Laura, I love you! I just think you are the greatest and I cannot stop smiling! I am so happy we are going to be neighbors (or at least almost neighbors). Why tunnels? because they are so cool, and it will give our husbands something to do together, and they can make plans for their kite and cinder-block business while they dig.You guys are definately family to us.

Karlene, we will definately meet someday, I feel like I already know you from all the wonderful things Laura tells me about you, and sometimes I read your blog. Could you convince MY mom to get a blog? When we meet we can both practice speaking Spanish with Laura!

Cassie said...

How fun! Thats so cool that they are moving there soon and yeah they were talking about installing security systems....all the time!

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Hello dear Laura. In case you didn't recognize her, I was talking about your Mom. I love reading your blog. You are a gifted writer. I've known that for awhile. Please feel free to comment as much as you want. I love this. I posted another one and it's a bit deep as well, but I'll lighten them up. I promise. Miss you much and love you more. (This is the 1st comment I've posted. I hope I do it right.)

Amber said...

grrrr...

Lara said...

that would be so great! It's so nice to have lovely neighbors.