When ever I think about summer time as a child, sprinklers and popsicles come to my mind. I have quite a few memories of doing both growing up, neither of which I particularly enjoyed (I hated how my feet would get covered with grass when running through the sprinklers, and well I know I've previously mentioned my aversion to wet wood touching me...espcially my mouth. So, I guess you can see how popsicles were something I usually just watched my brothers eat.) Right now you're probably thinking, "What kind of boring child were you?" I know, I know. Pitiful. Yet, I know that children are supposed to love these things, and so I feel the need to expose my kids to them in hopes that they will be funner children than I was. Now that we're living in a house I can let them run though the sprinklers. They were so excited!
Let the fun begin! And oh did they think it was fun! This picture of Jonas is unfortunately a little blurry, but his face is too priceless not to post it.
So I stragicially placed the sprinkler so they could run on the sidewalk and not get grassy feet. Bad plan...that congrete gets slipper when wet. Don't worry! No one got hurt, except my pride when I realized my brilliant idea was not so brilliant and moved the sprinkler into the middle of the lawn.
2 comments:
Jonas looks really tall. The first thing I thought when I saw the sprinkler by the sidewalk is that it would give me a heart attack to have them by that, then I read you moved it. Phew:)
Looks like fun!!!
p.s. I HATE HATE HATE when my feet had grass on them! I would always wear something to cover my feet so they wouldn't get grass on them. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Post a Comment