Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Georgia Trip - The Bestie

Once upon a time I was 14 years old and the "new girl" in Georgia.  When I was first introduced in my Sunday school class at church a girl named Heidi didn't give me the time of day.  She was busy flirting with a boy.  She talked a lot.  I was pretty quiet unless answering a question.  She wore really cute, bright clothing.  I wore earth tones.  We were in the same Sunday school class all summer, and she never spoke to me.  I wasn't sure what she had against me, but her outgoing self never made an effort to talk to me.  I knew we would never be friends.
We ended up having world geography and chorus together.  We were seated next to each other in world geography and began talking.  Turns out she was quite surprised when she found out I spoke English instead of Spanish.  What?!?!?!  Apparently when we moved into the ward there were a few Spanish speaking families that moved into the ward, and she thought I was a part of them.  She must have been pretty into flirting with that boy instead of listening in class because I'm pretty sure I said the prayer quite a few times...in English.  :)  We still laugh about it today!  It turns out despite our very different personalities, our interests and morals were very similar.  We were best friends all through high school.  I helped organize her locker and and she taught me how to add some color to my wardrobe. She's awesome, and I am so glad that we did become friends. She's one of those friends who when we get back together it's like we were never away from each other.
We went over to their house for dinner while we were there and got a few pictures in before poor Bronson bonked his head. (Please excuse my big hair.  It was humid and rainy, and I was just plain tired of fighting it)
Oh, and just for kicks...here's a picture of us our junior year of high school.
And today...posing in front of the same door which apparently got it's own make-over.  Oh wow, do we have "mom" written all over us now. :)

And what cute kids we have:
These two were cracking up over the books they were reading.
It sure is hard to get four kids to cooperate for a picture.
We just gave up at this point!  Hopefully we'll have better luck next time our paths cross again.

No comments: