We followed the trail up to the Nature Center and took a little break to look at a turtle and some other stuffed animals that are native to our area.
We then got back to the trail to find our "treasure." C is a big Blue's Clues fan. So she was so excited to carry around her own "notebook" and follow clues.
There were a lot of stairs on the trail. Little man needed to hold Daddy's hand going down them since he still crawls/slides down the stairs at home.
One of the clues was to follow a certain path that was noted by a symbol. We told C to keep an eye out for it. She was so excited when we found our first one.
We finally made it to the hiding place!
The trail name of the people who left the Letterbox hidden here is The Pirates. C was SO confused. She still thinks that it was real pirates who left "the treasure" there in the woods. They actually left a little bracelet in there for the first people who found the letterbox.
Here's a picture of the sweet stamp Daddy made. I'm impressed even if you're not because I have not artistic ability for that kind of stuff.
And then we let C stamp our notebook with the stamp left in the letterbox.
We sat down and shared a little trail mix snack before we headed back to our car. J man was pretty worn out from the hike in so he got to ride Dad's shoulders on the way back. I think it's the happiest he was for the entire outing.
Have you been letterboxing? If not, go do it! It's so fun and we will definitely be doing it again.
4 comments:
This looks so fun! I just looked up the website you put on here and if we have time tonight I would like to do one close to us. Thanks for sharing =)
I am glad to see that you are finally joining me in the treasure hunting adventures! I have known about letterboxing for a while now and I tried to get to you to go geocaching a while back too! You should start doing it!
I have never heard of this before. It sounds like a lot of fun and definitely something we need to try. Thank you for sharing.
I am glad that you guys got to spend some much needed time with your hubby/daddy. I know residency has been tough. Tell Adam that he did a great job on the stamp!
Love this idea! We for sure are going to try it. Don't expect some amazing stamp from us though! I'm thinking a star might be the best I could do!
Post a Comment