#1. This hideous outfit you're wearing to the party is going to be in style again when you're a young mother (at least the leggings). Oh, and you'll still think they look ridiculous and will therefore fail to remain in style. Don't judge women who seem to get stuck dressing in a certain decade too harshly. You will probably become one of them.
2. You will eat macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches again. Becoming lactose intolerant is not the end of the world. They make lactose free milk and cheese and in a few years they'll come out with lactose free yogurt and cottage cheese. Be patient.
3. You are going to rely heavily on the examples of your mother and other righteous women when you are raising your children and serving in the church. Watch them closely.
(One of my young women leaders who had a profound influence on me. I am forever grateful for the MANY incredible women Heavenly Father surrounded me with as a youth. I had such amazing role models that I never felt a need to look to the women in the world and media in my discovery of what it means to be a woman.)
4. He's not worth all these tears. Getting your heart broken is a good experience, but someone 10,000 times better for you is in Rexburg right now already working on his Bachelor's Degree. Greener pastures up ahead!
5. Heidi is worth it. She's not just a high-school best friend. She's a forever best friend.
6. Have more fun with dating. Keep your standards high, but stop freaking out about whether or not these guys want to marry you. They're 16 and not even thinking about it. Promise.
7. Spend more time with your brothers. You're going to miss them something terrible.
8. Driving on the freeway isn't that bad. Practice now so you're future husband won't make fun of you for driving like a grandma everytime you drive on the highway during your first year of marriage.
9. Memorize your scripture mastery.
10. Stop wasting so much time thinking up names for your future children. Your future husband won't like any of them.




6 comments:
completely agree. with all of it. well except the driving part - that i would change to 'be happy that, in the future, your husband will drive like a grandma, to ensure that your car isn't hammered'...what guy did you cry over so much? the blonde one who took you to prom senior year? (can't remember his name)
ohhhh...or was it a boy closer to home??
Number ten made me lol. Ha! Don't you wish we had these list for real.
very wise. If only we had lists like this for all ages..sure would be nice!
I love this!! I laughed outloud on the first one, so true- I realized that a couple weeks ago- haha! I also like how you mentioned your brothers- if I could go back and live a day with my family when I was in high school again- I would, I miss being with them so much! Loved your list!
I totally agree with #6 and wished that I would have done the same.
Post a Comment