Thursday, July 2, 2009

No, it's not weird to visit my in-laws without my husband...

Adam has been preparing like crazy for boards this past month. My wonderful in-laws were kind enough to save me from ten days of being ignored by my better half (Bless you!). I am happy to report that Adam has made it through boards and the cloud of stress has been lifted (until mid-terms). Anyways, I went down to Houston right before the major studying began and had a wonderful time while Adam stayed here and studied (and played XBOX and softball). A lot of people asked me if it would be strange to visit my in-laws without Adam. It wasn't! I have great in-laws who always make me feel like I'm part of the family.
I really have a lot of pictures from the trip. I narrowed it down to my favorites, and I still have a lot to share.

Charlotte loved playing with Poppi. He's so much fun!
Aunt Cassie and Hailey came from California to play too!We went to eat at Gringo's and the babies loved the black beans!Charlotte and Hailey spent most of their time at this window watching Shadow, the dog. Hailey was so cute and would bark at Shadow everytime she barked. Charlotte just liked following Hailey around.
We spent an afternoon at the beach in Galvestion. The salt water and waves where a whole new experience for Charlotte. She really loved it and kept licking her hands.
I've always wanted to go to a butterfly center. It was so neat to have all the butterflies landing on us and flying arou Hailey and Charlotte almost had matching outfits one day...little twins!
Little birds drinking from Mimi's cup.
Playing with the uncles.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

It looks like you had so much fun!!

Karen Nelson said...

We had SO much fun! Thanks so much Laura and Charlotte for coming to visit us. I am SO glad you felt at home here.
We love you and Charlotte so much...and of course, Adam too!

Karen Nelson said...

I love the picture of the girls on the beach..the first one. It is SO cute and I think you can really see their personalities in it! I also love the one of them in their "matching" oufits. They are my dream twin babies...Dawn and Dusk!

Elder Nate Mountain said...

Wonderful inlaws are such a blessing!!!! Glad you had a great time!

Sarah said...

It seems like your in-laws are great people. I love all the pictures of Hailey and Charlotte. Aren't cousins the best? I am glad that you had a good trip and I am really glad that boards are finally over. =c)

Starleigh said...

Can you believe she is almost a year old?! She is so big and cute!