Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Girls Camp

Last week I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to go to girls camp. I LOVE girls camp, and it was so exciting to go as a leader. We have great girls who make my job so rewarding.
One of the best things about being up here in Ohio is all the church history sites. Girls camp is held every year on the John Johnson Farm! What an awesome spirit it brings to the camp knowing that Joseph Smith walked where the girls are walking. Here we are standing on the steps that Joseph Smith gave a sermon on the morning after he was tarred and feathered.
The lovely women I get to learn from and serve with.
And just for laughs I thought I'd put up a picture of me during my last year of girls camp as a girl. I didn't feel like scanning a picture, so this one has been donated by Nichole. Wowza - take a look at my jungle woman hair! Yikes!

9 comments:

Kristie said...

Camp is SO much fun! Thanks for helpin' out! :)

Karen Nelson said...

So glad you had a great time at Girl's Camp. I have so many wonderful, fun, spiritual memories of Girl's Camp, What a blessing it is to attend and I know your YW must just love you!

Sarah said...

Being on the John Johnson farm did bring a special spirit there. The testimony meeting was really neat. I am glad that you were able to go. Oh and I love your jungle woman hair! I think you look really cute! =c)

Karlene said...

Wow, seeing that picture of you at your last girls camp brings back memories. Where has the time gone and how can it be that my young woman is now one of the leaders. You are an amazing woman and what a blessing you'll be to the girls in your ward. Love ya.

The Frasers said...

OH MAN! I sure miss girls camp! f

Jason and Amy Smith said...

Love the hair. I think everyone has a picture like that... cept mine are much worse! Glad you were able to go to Girls Camp. If you need anything, let us know!

stephanie said...

Looks like you had fun! your girls camp picture is adorable....mine on the other hand, I hate camping and I think you could see that on every picture I have. Anyways...hope all is well, we need to get all of our kids together sometime this week!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I had almost forgotten about this picture. Look at us! We are so little. Good times, good times.

Sarah Coyne said...

Hooray! I love girls camp! This picture of you is great!