Monday, June 1, 2009

Busy Body

This is what my kitchen towels are supposed to look like:But this what they end up looking like at least three times a day:



It seems like if I turn away from her for just a few minutes, she's making a mess or is about to make one. I found her just short of spilling oil all over my laundry room/pantry area this morning:Yep. Somehow she managed to get the lid off my oil. Watch out Mimi...I'm coming to your house next!!! I decided it was time to redirect her attention away from mess making for a bit. We had some friends over for dinner last night and had to pull out our big table. Adam hadn't put it away yet, so I made it into a slide for Charlotte:
It then became a tunnel:
This occupied her for about ten minutes. Then it was back to making messes! I'm okay with that. It's kind of a nice excuse on days I don't feel like cleaning. I just tell meself, "Don't feel guilty. Charlotte's just going to mess it up again. Besides, she'll only be a baby once. There will be messes to clean up forever."

10 comments:

Caralee said...

Too cute. Lucky you to find her BEFORE the oil was everywhere.

Alison said...

I love how she's sneaking up on the right side of the first picture.

Sarah said...

I know how you feel. That is why my house is never clean until the end of the day. I can't believe she opened your oil, smart girl. LOL She is a cutie.

Karen Nelson said...

Bring her on! I am so excited to have her her here crawling all around and getting into things. I guess I had best do some babyproofing huh?
I love watching her unfold your kitchen towels. She is so curious... a GT girl fo rsure!

Erin Anderson said...

I love your attitude about her only being a baby once and there will always be messes to clean up from her! She is so cute!

Colleen said...

Babies grow so fast, I can still in my minds eye see all my children little and it seemed like yesterday. Hold on to the precious moments cause they go fast. She is so beautiful (just like her mother). I am blessed to have messes still because all my grandchildren live so close by they come over regularly and I am much more relaxed about it now. I will try to go to your blog more often to keep up!

The Frasers said...

She's so cute!! I just can't get over it. Each time I read your blog, she gets cuter and cuter! Better watch out for when she gets older!

Sarah Coyne said...

Good job on catching her before she spilled the oil! That would not have been a fun one to clean up! Seriously though, I can totally empathize. I feel like all I do ALL day is go from mess to mess! It's crazy!

Amber said...

I'm glad you caught her before she spilled the oil! That would NOT have been fun to clean up! She is growing up so fast and I just love seeing all of her personality! She's adorable! :)

Karlene said...

Like mother like daughter....the messes don't stop when they get bigger...they just get messier. Remember all the hair on the shower wall????? Ewwwww.