Saturday, June 14, 2008

Swing Batter Batter, Swing!

This post is about baseball. You've probably read some other posts from this summer that have been about the same thing. Yes, we got to baseball games pretty often, but I promise this post is different. WHY?

Well, we weren't planning on going to a game Wednesday night. Adam had a test on Thursday so our Wednesday night plan involved him studying and me being bored out of my mind and probably watching one too many episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond. Well, that morning I was offered free tickets to the nights baseball game...not just any tickets, but CLUB tickets. I honestly didn't know all that it involved, but I did know the seats would be better than any of the seats Adam and I could afford on our student budget. So, the conflict...do I accept the tickets even though Adam really needs to study tonight or do I reject them and forever be shunned by my husband who loves baseball almost (possibly more at times) as much as he loves me? Okay, dumb question...so I accepted. I called Adam up immediatly and told him that he better study is booty off because I just got us tickets to the game tonight...club seats!
Let me just say, sitting in club seats makes you never look at a baseball game the same way. To give you an idea of how great it is, Adam told me "This is what I imagaine heaven to be like."
Here are some reasons watching baseball games will never be the same:

1. GREAT seats. We usually have to sit so stinking far away from the field that I can see the players, but not the ball. I get bored because to me it just looks like a bunch of guys standing on the field. We were a little to the right of home plate. I couldn't even fit the entire diamond in my camera view from our seats.
2. The seats are PADDED! Do you know what kind of wonders that does for a pregnant woman?

3. The food was FREE. So you're probably thinking...great, all the hotdogs and nachos one could desire. Did you know they serve turkey roast, fajitas, pasta, vegetables and pizza at baseball games? They do! And it's the best turkey roast Adam and I have EVER had...Thanksgiving will be a disappointment from here on out. Notice the food on this next picture...not me all hot and humid and wilted. Which reminds me...we got to eat inside...in the air conditioning. 4. The bathrooms are so nice and clean. I didn't take any pictures, but it was definitly an upgrade from past ones I've used at Progressive Field.

Well, the Indians lost, but we were okay with that. Adam has decided that one day we'll always sit in club seats (as wonderful as that would be, we'll see if that really happens or not). We're so grateful that we got to have this experience and be spoiled for a night! Most of all though, I just loved watching Adam enjoy his little piece of "heaven" for the night. Oh, and for the record, he did great on his test!

9 comments:

Karen Nelson said...

How fun!! Adam's eyes are sparkling just like on Christmas mornings when he was little.
I am so happy y'all got to have so much fun!

Audrey said...

That does look like fun- I always think ball games are boring, but probably because I haven't ever had club seats!

Sarah said...

What an opportunity! I know Adam had a blast. The food does look yummy. I am glad you guys had the chance to go.

Rachel Holloway said...

What an AWESOME time! LUCKY girl! We have YET to make it to a game...at all...I am bummed about it.

Enjoy all those games before you have your baby and never get to go on dates anymore! :)

Karlene said...

I just love that you two are enjoying life so much, you look so happy together....Adam picked the right girl, how many other girls bring home free club seats. Mimados. There's a little Spanish for you, have you been practicing?

The Bald Eagle said...

Yuo two rock! I am so jealous. I pass by the club level seats on the way to my upper deck nose bleed seats at Minute Maid Park and wonder about how good they are. At least on the hot nights we don't have to sweat so much because they close the roof, so it not so hot and humid. What a treat for the two of you. Good choice not to turn down the tickets.

Karen Nelson said...

Yall wont be bored for to much longer because im coming soon. I am so happy you didnt turn those seats down laura

ZACH

Charlissa said...

I AM SOOO JEALOUS!!!! I want to go!! That is so exciting that that happened! Y'all are so freakin lucky!

Seth and Emily said...

We so have to do stuff like that when we get there! I am sure Adam will be shocked about this since I live only 20 miles from Wrigley field, I have never been to a pro-baseball game. I am also sure that it wouldn't surprise you Laura, since we both kind of got sucked/dragged into the sports world by our husbands.