Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Cleveland Zoo

I finally have some pictures to put up! Yesterday Adam and I went to the zoo with our friends Amber and Dan Patty. Amber, Grace and me with the Ostriches.Adam and me in front of the elephant.This is a capybara. Adam would always tell me about these huge rodents he would see in Brazil. It just so happened that they had some at the zoo. I made sure I got a picture so that one day we can show our children what he's talking about. I think they look like ROUSes from The Princess Bride without the long snout and tail. They can weight up to 175lbs!!!Amber, Grace and Dan in front of the flamingos.

6 comments:

Seth and Emily said...

ROUS'es would be a nightmare to deal with. I ask Seth to kill spiders when they are in our apartment. I told him it was a husband job. He replied that I would be offended if he told me that anything was "a wife's job." Maybe he's right, but I still hate spiders. I have heard there are bugs as big as your face in Guatemala! AHHH!

Charlissa said...

O my gosh those are so ROUSes!! Theones in Princess Bride were fake. Those are the real world ones. They totally creep me out!!

Cassie said...

You guys look like you had a great time! We were hoping to go to the zoo here in Memphis, but I guess we ran out of time...maybe Minneapolis will have a good zoo!

Amber said...

That was so much fun! Thanks for coming with us!!! :)

Karen Nelson said...

Y'all look great!
Stay away from the rodents of unusual size!! They are so hideous! Scarey!

Karlene said...

Cuke pictures, as Dito would say. I love the zoo, just think it won't be long before you'll have a little one to take and enjoy the day with.