Last night I finished reading These is my Words by Nancy E. Turner. I needed a good book to read while riding the bus, and my friend Lara recommeneded this one (Thanks, Lara!).It is the story of Sarah Prine, a pioneer girl (not LDS) whose family settled in the Arizona territories. It is written in the form of a journal and tells about her experiences and struggles of settling in the West. While the story takes place years ago, there is so much in the book that speaks to me today. Some truths about life stay the same, and the author has captured those truths and feelings in a most remarkable way.
This book has made it to my favorite list (it's hard to get on that list...I'm pretty picky about what I call a good book). The story was sweet, and I'm happy to have read it, but I am bitter about having finished the book because I know I will miss learning more about these characters and seeing a new perspective on the "wild" West.
7 comments:
I've been looking for a good book to read. Maybe I'll have to read this one next.
Might have to read that one! Boy, do I wish I had a bus ride every day....what I would give for a few minutes of good reading time! :)
can I barrow it?
That does sound good. I haven't read in so long. I might take a look at this one. Thanks for sharing!
It's pretty sad that I have to have surgery to have time to read a good book. Can't wait to get started with it and then we can have a good "book" discussion.
YEAH!!! I'm so glad you liked it. It's totally on my top ten list! Isn't the guy the BEST too?!!! Oooh, we'll have to talk!.
Thank you, for all the books you recommended. I cant wait to read them all. :)
Post a Comment