In my pregnancy, I haven't been very sick at all. It really has been a huge blessing in my life that I am grateful for. I have been very tired though, actually make that exhausted. When I get home from work at six there are two things on my mind...1. Eat some food and 2. Go to bed! Honestly, it's all I can do to stay up past 8:30. Last night was no different. I came home, ate and crawled into bed around 8:15pm. Adam is always close behind me, turning all the lights off except for the lamp in our bedroom. He always sits down on the bed I'm trying to sleep in and pulls out his scriptures. He begins reading out loud where we left off the night before and I listen. Last night we were reading about becoming weary and I thought, "Boy, is that what I've become!" I'll be honest, each night the thought crosses my mind that we should do family scripture study, but then I decide I'm too tired and go to bed.
As Adam was reading last night, I was reminded of one of the many important reasons for marriage...to have someone to lift you up when you're weary! Adam has been so wonderful at remembering to have family scripture study. Even though I'm tired, he doesn't push me to do what I already know I should be doing. He just amends the situation in a way that allows us to still do something that is a little difficult for me right now. His quiet example has really helped me in understanding new ways to help build and strenghthen our marriage in the day-to-day things.
6 comments:
That is such a beautiful sentiment. It is so hard to be pregnant and want to keep on with things that take extra effort. What a great reminder...husbands are so wonderful! Now, can you imagine if you had another little one to take care of right now...or 2 little ones, and couldn't just crawl into bed?!? It takes SO much out of you! WAY TO GO! We are cheering you on!
Oh Laura I totally understand how you feel! I have had more energy in the second trimester, so maybe you will too. We for sure need to get together! I feel like I have not hungout with anyone in so long.
You're exhaustion will go away. Just hang on a couple more weeks and then you'll be in the "honeymoon" phase of pregnancy!
Congratulations!!
Aren't hubbies great! They really do help us out in rougher times as we do them at other times. And I am so glad that you are feeling well. Tired is one thing; tired and sick is another.
I am really proud to read your blog! Proud of you both for being such wonderful, loving people! I do remember being so tired during my pregnancies. It does go away and it is just such a wonderful time in your life. I miss being pregnant and feeling life. And I miss babies...but that should be eliminated in about 6 months!! I am really excited to see what beautiful babies y'all make and to hold this little angel in my arms. Life is so awesome!!!
It is so hard to work full-time while you are pregnant. I was so tired of it by the end of my pregnancy but I am glad I did. I did the same thing as you, I would get home from work, eat dinner(which I never cooked) and go to bed. But it is worth it when your sweet little baby arrives!
Post a Comment