Wednesday, January 16, 2008

NOT slipping on the ice

It is such a beautiful day! With the sun shining (not a common occurance during Cleveland winters), I decided to take a little walk outside. As eager as I was to get out of the office and get some fresh air, I decided not to change out of my heels and into my boots. I figured that I could be careful enough not to slip on any ice, besides, a lot of it had melted away with the sunshine. It felt so wonderful to be outside, and it definitly lifted my spirits. I love being out in the sunshine, and I've really missed it this winter. I carefully took a walk around downtown and managed to make it back without even one akward step! Once inside my work building, I quickly went up the stairs when...GASP...panic shot through me because I realized my foot had completely missed the step. I hit the ground with both hands and my pants got all dusty and dirty around the knees. As I looked up there was a group of men walking by...none of which made eye contact with me. They began laughing as soon as they got past me. Welcome back to third grade recess! Really, I just had to start laughing at that point because I could manage the slippery ground, but not the solid stuff. Oh well...

3 comments:

Lara said...

ooh! So sorry...I've been there. I never laugh at people when they are down b/c i'm usually the one who is down!

Caralee said...

My goodness... that is no fun. I'm glad you're ok.

Christina! said...

haha. aw. i have SO done that before, but not on stairs! i'm glad your lightheartedness got you out of the possible humiliation.