Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Lunch Date
My mom used to say, "Complain less and get more blessings." Maybe she still says it, but I'm not home to hear her say it. Anyways, yesterday morning was a little crazy, and I ran out the door without eating any breakfast. When I got to work I pulled out my wallet to find that I had left my debit card at home and only had 5 dollars on me! I thought...how am I going to pay for breakfast and lunch? I called Adam and told him the situation. He told me he'd bring me some lunch, but I convinced him to just stay and go to lunch with me instead. Now, this normally wouldn't have been possible, but this is a test week for Adam so he didn't have any classes that he needed to get back for. So I guess my bit of misfortune turned into a blessing. We had a yummy lunch at Teresa's Pizzaria and then sat and talked for a while. It was a really nice break in the middle of my work day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is SO wonderful! It is so nice to get a break from the day and spend time with your hubby--WHAT A FUN TIME! :) I would be for leaving my debit card home EVERY day! :) jk...
How fun! I love when Marcin gets to have lunch with me too!
Lunch dates are so nice. I'm glad a little misfortune turned into a fun day.
I'm glad you've learned to recognize the blessings in your life, and Adam is truly one of them, and getting to have lunch with him makes life all the better. Right?
Post a Comment