Monday, June 14, 2010

The West Side Market

This past Saturday we went to The West Side Market with our friends Scott, Beth and Heidi.  I had heard great things about the market since we moved out here, but had never gone.  It was on my list of things to do before we leave Cleveland, and I can now finally check it off!
We had so much fun looking at all the different vendors and products that they had.  Like these red snappers:
There was a huge variety of produce there.  Adam and I bought some yuca because we love it and can never find it here.  We cooked it up last night, but I still need more practice to get it as tasty as when my mom makes it.  They had awesome prices and some of the vendors loved to barter.  I got 2 containers of blackberries, 2 containers of blueberries, and two containers of mushrooms for $4!  It would have cost me $4 for a thing of blackberries alone at the grocery store.
(Please ignore the fact that I'm starting to retain water in my face.  Bring on the third trimester!!!)
The architecture of the building is really neat.  I don't really have the eye of a photographer so if you want to see it, you'll have to come visit us in Cleveland!  :)  This picture gives you a little bit of an idea with the cool ceiling.  You can also see a lot of the vendors down below.
We had a great time and are so glad our friends invited us to join them!  I am really bummed though because we didn't get any pictures with them!  We'll just have to go again.

2 comments:

Emily and Seth said...

What a fun thing to do! Seth and I really want to go the the west side market sometime, we've heard great things about it. What is "yuca?"

Sarah said...

I'll have to go there. I really miss going to the Farmer's Market. We need to make a trip soon.