Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Two Down...Four More to Go

Whew! The month of May came and went in a sort of whirlwind. Adam left on yet another externship...this time to South Bend, Indiana. He took our computer with him again and that's why I haven't updated the blog in some time. The good news is that he's back and here for the rest of the summer! He got back in time to enjoy the Memorial Day weekend. Here's the month of May in a nutshell:
1. Charlotte and I both got a stomach bug (awful, awful stomach bug) two days after Adam left. It was bad news.
2. Adam had an entire extended stay suite to himself so we drove out for a little visit. It rained almost the entire time we were there...lots of thunderstorms. Charlotte and I spent a lot of time in the hotel taking care of her baby and reading Green Eggs and Ham.
Charlotte also thought that since we were in a hotel, everything was free game. Including the things she's usually not allowed to play with...like mom's glasses and dad's books.
It finally got sunny near the end of our trip and so we went to the zoo. Charlotte loved petting the goats.
3. We spent the two last weeks here at home. We visited lots of parks and had play dates with friends. We've been blessed with wonderful friends here who helped the time without Adam pass by quickly.

3 comments:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

I love the picture of her and her doll...that is so cute.

Karen Nelson said...

Yah! Pictures! And isn't she the charming one in those glasses? I would let her play with them too. So glad y'all are back together as a whole family again!

Karlene said...

It's so good to see you back and blogging again. I think I need to get on the ball. It's so much better than facebook.