Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Whoops!

I forgot that I had artichokes simmering on the stove when I left home the other night. When my husband got home later, he walked into a cloud of smoke. Luckily, there was still a house for him to come home to since he got home an hour and a half after I had left. I tried to save the pot, but with no success. Our house smelled like campfire for two days. If anyone got a whiff of campfire at church on Sunday, that was us...

7 comments:

Em T said...

Oh, I totally did that, too (different veg forgotten though). It really is a surprisingly terrible smell, and others did wonder what that smell was for the next few days whenever we left the house! My mom swears baking soda will save the pan, but I got to tell ya, I'm not convinced...

The Frasers said...

Oh man, poor artichokes! They are so yummy! I AM glad you had a home to come back to though!

Karlene said...

Opps, you must be carrying around a lot of you daddy's genes....he has burnt two of my pots like that. It runs in the family.

Sarah said...

Well, I sat next to you in church and I didn't smell a thing. Maybe your so-called "campfire aroma" (LOL) was the reason my children were so abnormally well-behaved? Hmmm...if that's the case bring on the artichokes! LOL I burnt a pot like that right after we got married. Yeah, it was hard throwing away a brand new pot. LOL

Sarah Coyne said...

Oh no! I'm glad your house is okay! I do the same thing with candles all the time. It's amazing our house is still standing!

Mother Goose said...

That's the saddest thing I have ever seen. I love artichokes!

Carolyn said...

Oh no Laura....you're joining the rest of us moms. It's every mom's right to be forgetful based on all the things we're suppose to do and remember. Burning an artichoke here and there won't be the last oops you do. I actually forgot to pick up my daughter from the driving range for over an hour. She was not pleased. Oops.