Adam and I set up camp while Charlotte explored the camping chairs and dirt.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Camping
We went camping over Labor Day weekend. This is the first summer that we've had enough camping gear to go (thanks to Cassie, Jonny, Mimi and Popie)! It started out a little rough because we had a hard time finding a place to camp, but we eventually arranged to camp at the John Johnson Farm, and it was so nice! Each campsite is big and private. I loved it!


Our friends, the Leavitts joined us which made the trip even better! I think Adam was excited to have someone to play ball with (they played catch with baseball too, but I didn't get a picture of that).
I had someone to talk to and chase kids around with.
And Charlotte had someone to play and trade sippy cups with.
We ate yummy tin foil dinners, s'mores, and had a big breakfast with pancakes, hashbrowns, and bacon. It was heaven! I love camping food. I also can't get enough of relaxing by the campfire. It was the perfect camping trip to call our first camping trip as a family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So Fun! We did our first camping trip as a little family a few weeks ago! Kinsley did surprisingly well! Glad you had fun!
That looks like a great time Laura! I am glad you guys had fun. We have to get together soon! Life is so nuts right now, but lets plan a day sometime the first or second week of Oct. You guys are so cute by the way!
How do you arrange to stay there??
Looks like fun, I can't wait until 2011 when we can all do it together. We'll have Daddy make arepas over the hot fire for breakfast one morning, yum!
I wish I could convince Matt to go. It looks like you guys really enjoyed yourself. I am glad that you were able to get away for a couple of days.
Was fun to talk to you while y'all were setting up camp. I am glad it was such a fun and memorable camping trip. We have so many happy memories of camping. Y'all are good parents to let Charlotte get down and dirty!
What a fun thing to do and very smart to enjoy the nice weather before it starts getting cold.
Post a Comment