Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Day with Charlie-bean

This post is going to be a little long. A certain sister-in-law of mine (I won't name any names, but it starts with an L and rhymes with hippy) has been harrassing me about putting up a new post. Unfortunately, there isn't really anything interesting for me to post about right now, so I thought I'd give her a little taste of what I see/do all day.
C greets me in the morning with cheerfulness!
And then she joins me and Adam in bed for morning scriptures and prayer. She started folding her arms this past month.
Then we say our goodbyes to Daddy.
Next, I throw the little mess into the tub to get fresh for another day.
After the bath I put clothes on her, do her hair (which she is finally cooperative about!) and we brush her teeth.
She feeds herself breakfast.


And we're working on her telling us when she's done eating.


After breakfast Charlie-bean plays with her toys for a while
until we run errands (if there are any to run). She LOVES the car and throws multiple tantrums a day when we don't let her go to the car.
After errands we come back home for lunch and a nap.
After naptime, she plays for most of the afternoon. This wouldn't be complete without playing with the shoes and reading some books.

Usually Daddy comes home during this time, but he had to work late so we ate dinner without him and then went for a walk.


We came back home and put on her jammies and cleaned up the toys.


Then we sit down for a nice cuddle, read a book, sing some songs, say a prayer and say good-night!

9 comments:

emily said...

Okay, I have to admit, I watched her eat her oatmeal about 6 times. I love watching her little mouth try to get it off the spoon! So fun!

Elder Nate Mountain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elder Nate Mountain said...

That was SO fun!!! Reminds me of the days when mine were little, good times:)

Karen Nelson said...

That was so fun to see how your day goes. Charlotte is walking pretty good it looks like to me. She is really looking more like a little girl than a baby girl. I love seeing her grow but it also makes me sad that she is doing it so quickly and so far away!

Alison said...

That is amazing how well she eats with the spoon! I let Chess try sometimes, but she gets so frustrated at the scooping part and then just slings it around. Charlotte has motivated me to try again!

E said...

so cute! i cannot believe how big she is getting. She is so gorgeous!

Charlissa said...

I am glad that I was able to motivate you to put up another post. I think that I may have to start motivating you more often.... I miss this girl so much!
I love this post. She is so stinkin cute! She is growing up so fast. Makes me sad and happy at the same time.
Thanks for making the post for me.
Love y'all!!!

Sarah said...

It looks like you guys had a pretty fun day to me! I loved watching her eat oatmeal and she is starting to take off with her walking. YAY! I am glad you guys had a nice day.

Rachel Holloway said...

PERFECT POST! I loved seeing your regular kind of day...it was precious!