Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm. in. Love.

One of the things that first made me swoon over Adam was his sincere interest in other people. It seems that everywhere we go, he is able to make friends in an instant because of this trait. While I was cooking dinner last night, he took Charlotte outside to look at the geese and their nest of eggs. When I glanced out at them this is what I saw:

In the few minutes he had been out there, he had managed to strike up a conversation about geese with three girls from the apartment complex. It melted my heart. Can't you just see him with lots of daughters? Anyway, soon there after I heard one of the little girls have this conversation with her mom:

Little Girl: Mom, look geese!

mom: oh...

Little Girl: And a baby. Her name is Charlotte. He wants to be a doctor. He likes smelly feet.

It just made me laugh to see how much they had talked about during those few minutes they had been out there. Then the little girl pulled out a book she had about diseases and started reading it to Adam. They were all out there for about 20 minutes. He was so patient and listened to everything she had to say. It was so cute. I'm a lucky girl.

5 comments:

Seth and Emily said...

That was such a nice story! That is something very wonderful about Adam.

Karen Nelson said...

You know, now that you mention it, I can see y'all with lots of girls.
Yep, he is a sweetheart! And he married one too and they had the sweetest little heart of all!

Wendy said...

And what a wonderful wife you are to stop, take notice and take a picture of a sweet thing you love about your husband. That is what a good marriage is all about. Remember those times. It gets you through alot. Thanks for the Missy Higgins recommendation. I listened to her all the way to St. George. Love you.

Gina Shumway said...

That is so adorable! What a cute story! That photo warmed my heart... awww...

Sarah said...

Aww...this is a very cute story. I like the "smelly feet" part. LOL Very funny.