
The weather has been beautiful (minus today...it's raining. At least it's not snowing!). I just couldn't stay inside with all the sunshine and warmth, so Charlotte and I went to the park with some friends. We had a nice time, and Charlotte loved the swings.

She didn't stop smiling the entire time she was swinging! She kept sqealing too, and it was so funny. After she was done swinging I sat her down on the grass to just enjoy being outside. I noticed she was getting some red splotches right by her temples and thought her headband must be aggitating the skin, so I took it off.
When we got home, Daddy was back from his dental appointment (see post below) to get a root canal. We took Charlotte out on the grass to play a while.

I went to the grocery store while Adam put Charlotte down for a nap. When I got home, Adam had to leave for a meeting. After a few minutes, I heard Charlotte crying upstairs which was unusual because she usually wakes up happy. I found her with red blotches all over her skin along her hairline down to her eyelids and back behind the ears down to her neck.


I felt some of the little bumps on her skin behind her left ear a noticed something was swollen underneath the skin. I called Adam from his meeting, and he came home. I tried to remember everything I had fed her through out the day, but couldn't think of anything that she hadn't eaten before. While we were waiting for Adam to come home, her skin started getting better. While we deliberated about calling her pediatrician, everything cleared up. We decided that she must have had an allergic reaction to the grass or something in the grass. No worries, she didn't have any breathing problems, and it didn't spread anywhere else on her body. I guess we'll just have to avoid playing in the grass this summer.
4 comments:
ugh. i am so allergic to grass-- i get hives everywhere. its no fun. but, it does go away after I've been away from it for awhile. i hope she grows out of it!!
Poor lil Charlotte! I'm glad it went away relatively fast.
Poor baby.
Could it be a heat rash?
Oh, I noticed that Charlotte has already perfected the open mouth Nelson look for pictures. She is so adorable and so happy!
Post a Comment