Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Bathroom Bird

One day while I was using the downstairs bathroom, I heard a quiet chirp. I looked around confused and found nothing. For the past few months, this bird chirp has been the background music in my bathroom leaving me confused as to where the sounds is coming from exactly.
Well, yesterday morning I was sitting on my couch feeding Charlotte when I heard the bird...quite loudly. I had never heard the chirp from the couch before. I shrugged it off, thinking the bird must have gotten older and has a stronger voice. All of a sudden, a bird flew over my head. I jumped, startled...I mean, I really didn't expect to encounter a bird inside my home. It perched itself on the corner shelf in our living room. I let it be while I finished feeding Charlotte.
Well, trying to get the bird out was quite the challenge. I opened the front door and tried to shoo the bird in that direction by using my broom. To my disappointment, the bird flew upstairs. Ugh! Charlotte started wailing, so I tended to her instead and decided to take care of the bird later (I could hear the bird flying into windows, doors and other objects). Once I got her calmed down, I went on a hunt for the bird. I found it in my bedroom...sitting on Adam's pillow (it had also left me a nice poopy present on my comforter). The dumb bird continued to smash itself into the window. After much persuasion, I got the bird into the hallway. Since Charlotte was crying again, I closed all the doors upstairs and left the bird alone in the hall.
Once Charlotte was taking a nap on the couch, I went upstairs with my handy broom to finish the task. One problem: the bird was gone! So, my hunt began again. I found it had slipped under the door into my bedroom again. After dancing around the room, I finally got it down the hallway and back downstairs. It landed on the TV (sorry...not the best picture).

I tried to get the bird to go towards the door and as I did so, he decided he wanted to land on Charlotte instead! This did NOT make me happy. I impatiently told it to get off my baby with a push of my broom. For the next five minutes the bird flew from my living room, past the front door (it's escape) to the kitchen.This was really frustrating! Finally, he flew to his freedom out the front door. I honestly spent most of my morning trying to get the dumb bird out of my house! I really hope he doesn't find a way to get in again...

11 comments:

Chris and Tina said...

O'come on didn't you want a new pet alon with a new baby??
Who by the way is the most bueatiful little girl.. She is a sweet heart. Charish every moment with her, befor you know it she will be 7 and telling you, "I can do it by myself" She is a sweet girl... Have fun.

Leavitt Family said...

Hahahahahaha that's way too funny!! And kind of gross, I can't believe it pooped on the bed and landed on charlotte! At least it didn't poop on her :) lol

Karlene said...

LOL...that's exactly what I did as I read this post. How crazy is that, a bird flying inside your house. Now the question, how in the world did it get inside there? Good laugh, thanks for the story.

Rachel Holloway said...

WOW! What a crazy experience! I can't believe it! I am so amazed you could focus on Charlotte with that bird flying around! YOU GO GIRL! :)

emily said...

I had to chase a bird out of one of our Arizona houses once...NOT a fun experience. It's SO frustrating to get the bird out when they just don't get it!

Katie said...

OH my gosh! That is so funny. I would have been mad if it landed on Aves too, glad you got it out. Funny story to tell her one day though. :)

Lara said...

that is way too funny, and totally random!

Sarah said...

LOL...what an adventure! What a stubborn bird. You are braver than me I would have called Matt and had him take care of it. LOL

E said...

i would have cried and left the house until someone braver came and took care of it. =)
good job!! how crazy...

Cassie said...

I can just imagine you chasing the bird with the broom. Pretty dang hillarious!

Photography By Jo said...

wow, I can't say I have had that problem before. hopefully it didn't make a mess on top of your cupboards.