Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We're having a GIRL!!!!

This is NOT an April Fool's joke! We really are having a little girl, and we are so excited. Adam pretty much called it from the time we found out that I was pregnant. We just couldn't beat the "baby girl theme" running through the podiatry wives. The ultrasound went well, and the baby looks really healthy. She weighs in at about 13 ounces. She's a wiggly little thing!
Her little foot:
Yep, that's her hand in the top left corner! What cute little fingers!
Spine:
Her profile:
This is the 4d picture they took of her face/head. She has hardly any fat on her yet. The ultrasound technician told us that I guess as a disclaimer, but as soon as Adam saw her he said, "She looks like Voldemort from Harry Potter." We all started laughing because it's true, and the technician said she'll see that every time she gives an ultrasound now. Even though she looks like Voldemort, I still think she's adorable! We couldn't get a complete front view of her face because she wouldn't come away from the side of the placenta.
I have to say that as much as I love my brothers, I am SO glad to be having a little girl. Finally someone to dress up!!!

15 comments:

stephanie said...

Cograts! That is so fun! Any name ideas?

Kim said...

Congratulations Laura and Adam! This is so neat! I'm so happy for the two of you. Talked with Grandma-to-Be this afternoon she too was on cloud nine. Congrats again!!

Cassie said...

YEAH!!! I think she's so cute too! Can't wait to meet her!

Charlissa said...

Oh my goodness!! Those are some dang cute pictures! I am sooo excited about being an Aunt. She looks so cute already, even though she does look like Voldemort. YAY! Congratulations!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys. Girls are so much fun. Their clothes are way cuter than boys. YAY! =c)

Steph & James said...

YAYAY!!! A little nina for the nelsons! Congrats!

Randee Mecham said...

Ok so I have checked your blog like 4 times to find out what you are having! I am so excited that you're having a girl!! Keeping the trend alive! Yeah my co-worker said our baby's ultra sound pictures looked like golum from Lord of the rings!

Karlene said...

I don't care what Adam says about Voldimort, I think she's beautiful, just like her mother. I can't wait to dress her up either. When can I come and play????? HAPPY DAY!!!!!

Lara said...

Oh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to do a fun shower for a girl!!!! She will be beautiful, and you will have so much fun with her.

Mother Goose said...

Yeah!! Congrats! Little girls are so much fun! You are going to be a great mom. You were great with Avery when you couldn't open your eyes!

We are living in Phoenix. The temp is really nice (low 80s) right now, but wait until August and I'll wish we were in Ohio.

Ashlyn

Amber said...

Yay! I'm so excited! She and Grace will be Best Friends!!

E said...

oh gosh, how cute!!!!! that is so awesome you are having a girl! do you have any name ideas?

Carolyn said...

Congrats!! I guessed you would have a girl. I'm so excited for you and Adam. I see lots of pink in your future :)

Rachel Holloway said...

CONGRATS! Sorry I haven't been to your blog for a long time. I forgot you went private and it just hit me this morning--I was thinking "wow, it's been a long time since she posted"...duh!

I'm back at comments for ya!

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Can't wait to hear some names!

Amara Doxey said...

Yahoo!!!!You will be a great Mommy! Aiden has finally got big enough to wear the jacket you and your Mom gave us at my shower. He looks very cute in it, so I'm reminded of you often, whenever he wears it! No experience with girls--