Friday, April 4, 2008
The Question You've All Been Waiting For...
I don't really have any shows that I watch regularly, but lately one has creeped into my schedule. That show: American Idol! This season has been so good (so far)! The other day Adam and I were talking about it in the car, and he asked me, "If you were on American Idol and could sing any song, what would you sing?" I have to say, this question totally stumped me! I have been pondering it for almost two weeks, but I have a problem...I know way too many great songs that I would love to sing (if I had the talent to be an American Idol singer). If you spend enough time around me, you'll quickly realize that I listen to all sorts of music genres from all different time periods. It's a large collection of songs in my head that I have to sort through. I do wonder about everyone else. So I ask, If you were on American Idol and could sing any song, what song would you perform?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I don't know what song specifically, but probably an old jazzy number for sure. They work best with my vocal capabilities.
My personal favorite right now is "Hush Little Baby." Seriously, it would probably be something Broadway...from Wicked maybe!
I think I would sing something like somewhere over the rainbow, what a wonderful world, or wind beneath my wings. Those are just some of my favorite songs right now.
Laura--that's a good question--and yes you do have the talent to sing very well!!!! I'm a nerd because I've already thought about it a lot. I'd sing I can't make you love me by Bonnie Rait, or Natural Woman--not sure who did that one first, I klnow of about three versions, but I think it was Aretha Franklin.
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Or Head, shoulders, knees and toes.
I don't think they would want me to sing much else.
Post a Comment