For a few years now the Zuluaga family (Zuluaga is my maiden name) has been celebrating International Waffle Day. A while back my brother, Josh, kept asking my mom to make waffles, but she always had some excuse to not do it. One day Josh told my mom that February 6th was International Waffle Day. Now, since my mom likes holidays so much she went all out making a bunch of waffles on that day and we got to eat them with whatever toppings we wanted...ice cream,. chocolate syrup, strawberries, sprinkles, jam, you name it! We continued the celebration each year. Then the truth finally came out...there is no such thing as International Waffle Day. Josh made the whole thing up so that my mom would make waffles! Well, by this point we had done it so much that it became tradition. Here are some pictures of the prep work for the holiday this year:
4 comments:
What a great tradition! I might need to implement that one in our family--we LOVE waffles too!!!
That was a fun night! Any excuse to celebrate is fun to me!!! :) I think we might have to copy this idea!
Happy International Waffle day. I'm glad to see you're keeping up the tradition. Looks like you may have others follow in our footsteps.
Love ya more than waffles.
So guess what Laura- International Waffle Day really is on March 25th! And that is a real holiday/celebration. You must have told me the story about your waffle day though and I was so inspired that I put it into my Palm. When I was looking at this weeks schedule I saw that Feb. 6th was International Waffle Day and just assumed that date came programed with all of my other holidays. I had completely forgotten that it came from you! So anyway I was down in Mesa this past week and we didn't get to celebrate it so I guess I will have to do it on March 25th this year. Thanks for sharing such a fun tradition.
Caralee
Post a Comment