This past weekend was spent in the beautiful city of Cincinnati. If it was normal to have a crush on a city, this would be the city I would crush on. Here is the great view we had from our hotel room.
It was so peaceful to sit and watch the river flow by and see the lit up skyline. I went down with a bunch of my friends to listen to speakers and singers celebrate and inspire women. Most of the speakers were great. Friday night Michael McLean performed. He was the main reason I wanted to go, and he didn't disappoint. When I was little my mom had his Celebrating the Light casssette. I remember listening to it and feeling a peace and calm wash over me. Although I didn't recognize it at the time, it was the first time I felt the Spirit. Years later, as a teenager I was going through a difficult time. I kept it mostly to myself and didn't think anyone really knew what was going on. I don't even remember what I was having a hard time with, but I remember feeling very alone. During this time, a dear young women leader showed up at my door with a Michael McLean CD. She told me to listen to the song "Ninety and Nine." It was exactly what I needed. The combination of that leader following the inspiriations of the Spirit and the message of that song testified to me that Heavenly Father knows and loves me. So Michael McLean's music holds a special place in my heart.
While I was there I ran into my friend Aubrey. We went to seminary together in Georgia, and it was so fun to see her somewhere I wasn't expecting.
One of the biggest blessings of our move falling through is the wonderful women in my ward that I get to have as friends. I learn so much from these women and feel so blessed to be in their midst. I had so much fun with them this weekend and am grateful for the opportunity it provided me to get to know them even better!
4 comments:
what a great experience! (:
i love michael mclean, especially the forgotten carols!
I was so happy to see you and catch up!
I'm so glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your testimony. You have such a great attitude and are able to count your blessings.
Awww, I miss all of my friends! I enjoyed your story about Michael McLean. My mom has one of his CDs. His music is very inspirational. I am so glad that you were able to get away for a few days.
Post a Comment