Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Squire's Castle

This past weekend we took a little drive to Squire's Castle.  I've been wanting to go for a couple years now.  It was built in the 1890's by Feargus B. Squire.  It was never completed and just the shell remains.  We enjoyed walking around and exploring the area.  Charlotte was not happy that we made her come and take a picture when she was so busy being a "pwincess."

It's settled in one of the Cleveland Metroparks and so there are some nice trails to hike as well.
I made the mistake of telling Charlotte to make big eyes when she smiles a few months ago.  Now she tries so hard to make big eyes that she has completely forgotten how to smile on command.  This is the face we get when we say "smile."

And what would fall be without playing in some leaves?

8 comments:

Tien Frogget said...

wow, what a beautiful place & beautiful family!! :)

Cassie said...

Yup, you're right. We would have liked to go with you guys to that!

Cassie said...

Oh and Charlotte's big eyes smile is so funny

Lauren and Tyson Fiala said...

So fun!! Your kiddos look so cute! And you are really making me miss fall is Ohio :( Hope you all are well.

Jessica said...

So cool! Looks like a fun place. I am still laughing at that picture of Charlotte. It is great....classic.

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Charlotte's hair is SOOO long! And yours is getting long too! Looks like such a fun day!

Emily and Seth said...

So fun! I'm sad we had to miss it! I love the 'big eyes.' That is so cute.

Rachel Holloway said...

OH MAN, WE MISS that place too! It's so perfect in Fall...but be sure to go again in the spring. It's gorgeous!!!