Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Painting Pumpkins


Sorry for the recent lack of posts.  We were supposed to move at the end of September, but everything fell apart at the last minute.  So we had a couple days/weeks of shock, chaos, trying to figure out where to live, etc.  After living out of boxes and suitcases for the last year (due to externships, subleasing our townhome, anticipating moving to a new home)  I finally unpacked everything and set up house...in the same townhome we've been living in for the past 4 1/2 years.  It was a little a lot disappointing at first, but we're happy about it now.  I am especially happy to be staying in the same ward with all of the wonderful friends we've made here.
Among all the sorting through boxes, we've managed to embrace autumn (my favorite season).  We painted some pumpkins to put out with our Halloween decor!

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I can't imagine your move falling apart at the last minute. That would be BEYOND frustrating!!! I am glad you've seen the bright side of it though, and that you're getting re-settled! :)

stephanie said...

Im so sorry your house didnt work out! I just plugged in my spiced cider..and it reminded me how much I too love fall! Hope you guys are doing good! We miss you!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

What a good idea! I think I might steal it from ya! (her hair is getting so long!)

Karen said...

Laura you are such a fun mom! She looks like she is having a great time!

Leavitt Family said...

Oh my goodness Laura, I didn't know all the craziness with your house that was going on!! I'm sorry, that stinks:( But at least your townhouse is pretty sweet and nice and cheap!!