Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chicago


This past week was spent visiting my best friend Heidi and her family in Chicago.  Heidi and I haven't seen each other since Charlotte was a couple months old.  When I found out she would be living in Chicago for a few  months I jumped at the opportunity to go out and visit.  It was so fun to see her darling family and pick up right where we left off (isn't that the best thing about a best friend?).  We had a busy week and wore our kids out!  There was a lot of playing at the park, and we visited the Zoo and the Children's Musuem.
 I know for Charlotte one of the highlights was riding the train!  She loved watching the city go by outside the window.  We took the 'L' everywhere that was too far to walk, and I am so glad we did.  I couldn't help but have the line "She jumped onto the tracks" from While You Were Sleeping run through my head everytime we were waiting for the train.
Here are some pictures from our adventures at the zoo and museum:








Charlotte and Bronson played so well together.  They kept each other entertained.  At the end of the day we would throw all the kids into the tub...rubba dub dub.
We are so grateful for our friends!  We hope it isn't another two (almost 3) years before we see them again.

2 comments:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

hahah! Your kids are TOO cute! I found myself laughing outloud at least three times- charlette's face expressions are too much!

Karen said...

Charlotte could be a child actor with all her facial expressions and with how gorgeous she is!
So glad y'all had so much fun together. Great friends are THE best!