Sunday, August 9, 2009

Charlotte's First Birthday Celebration

Yesterday we celebrated C's first birthday. We decided to have a toga party as the theme.Not really. I just thought it was so cute when Charlotte came down the stairs like this (her arm was originally in the sleeve).
We had a few friends over to celebrate by eating cake and ice cream. I wanted to put up this video because after we sing the Happy Birthday song you'll see Charlotte fold her arms. She's waiting for someone to say the prayer. Lately, she's been folding her arms during the prayers and it's so cute! You can also see her blowing when Adam has her friend Kaia help blow out her birthday candle.


Our neighbor works at a bakery and made Charlotte her very own smash cake for her birthday. Charlotte loved the cake and loved making a mess.

Here she is opening a few of her presents (she was one very spoiled birthday girl!) :)
Charlotte has brought me so much joy in my life! I couldn't have asked for a better baby. I am so excited to watch her grow and develop through out the years, but there is still a part of me that will always long for her to stay my little baby.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

It is hard to believe that she is already a year. She is such a sweet girl. We had a blast thanks for inviting us. Happy Birthday Charlotte!

Karlene said...

Where did the year go and why couldn't I have been there to celebrate with ya'll. Miss you sooo
much and can't wait to see you again soon. Give my baby a big Mamita kiss! She's such a beauty.

Alison said...

That is so cute! Chess always folds her arms after singing a song, too. I love that.

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Charlotte! It has been fun watching her grow up. I can't believe she is already ONE.

Charlissa said...

So sad we could not be there. She looks like she had a fun birthday though. She has so much more hair than she did when you were here the end of June.
Oh, why couldn't she try to blow the candle herself? It was her birthday!

Charlissa said...

oops, last comment was made by Mimi. I did not reallize I was on Charlissa's name.

Sarah Coyne said...

Happy Birthday Charlotte!!