Yesterday was Adam's 28th Birthday. We celebrated by going to a driving range with the Pattys. Adam and Dan showed off their amazing skills...


...while Amber and I showed off our un-amazing skills (you could also call it unskills)!


Afterwards we came back to our place for cake and presents. The previous week Adam and I went out and got him some new clothes (I told him the holey clothing just had to go) so that was his main birthday present this year. I also got him some tennis rackets and balls. I just realized that last year I got him a Wii on which he can play tennis. I guess my gift this year just goes to show my lack of originality with gift buying. Regardless, we went and played tennis this morning, and it was more fun than when we play it on the Wii. He also received some great gifts from family and friends.

Please do not look at the cake too closely...the frosting has crumbs in it. Sigh...this is something I need to work on when making a cake...my ability to frost is next to none. I found the recipe for this cake back in March and had been secretly saving it for Adam's Birthday. It had Adam's favorite type of cake, with his favorite type of frosting and his favorite fruit as a filling layer. The math was simple: spice cake+cream cheese frosting+raspberries=Happy Adam.

My equation was correct! Adam loved the cake and now expects me to make it every year for his birthday. All in all, I hope he had a good birthday (he seemed to enjoy himself)! Only two more years, and I'll have to plan a big bash for birthday number 30!
7 comments:
I had no idea that yesterday was Adam's birthday and that I am older than him. :)
HAPPY BIETHDAY!
Thanks for letting me take your pics tonight. I put one on my blog and will work on the rest! :) You guys are so cute!
Laura, Adam should have taught you better on your golf swing. You're lining up on the wrong side of the ball for a left-hander. Adam ought to know better since he's left-handed too.
Happy Birthday Adam! The cake looks and sounds awesome!
I'd LOVE to get that recipe from you. It sounds amazing.
I wish I had tips for cake frosting, but I haven't frosted many cakes! It looks amazing!
Happy Birthday Adam! You are only one year away from my age now you know. Way weird huh?
That cake sounds really good! And it looks great. I am glad that he had a good day. Birthdays are the best! Happy Birthday Adam!
What a good little wife you are. Adam looks pleased as punch. Tip: for frosting a cake without the crumbs, cook the cake a day ahead and then freeze the cake. Remove from freezer several hours before serving and frost while frozen. Viola, no crumbs. Leave cake on counter to defrost before serving.
Post a Comment