Thursday, December 13, 2007

Lost and Blind in Independence

Yesterday I told Adam that I would get off at the Rockside bus stop (close to his school) and meet him at the Walgreens on the corner of Rockside and Brecksville. On the ride into work, I realized that what I thought was a Walgreens was actually a Drug Mart. I forgt my cell phone, so once I got into work I called Adam (no answer) and left a message on his phone telling him that I meant Drug Mart. I called him quite a few times during the day without an answer (this is very common when he's at school so I just hoped that he'd get my message. Well, I got off the bus later that day and waited at the Drug Mart. Now, many of you know that I have a lot of problems opening my eyes lately, so I was a bit nervous about attempting to explore Independence on my own to try and find Adam. After about an hour of sitting and praying that Adam would find me I decided to search for a pay phone. These are really hard to find now that everyone pretty much has a cell phone. I walked over to a gas station (the scariest walk across a parking lot of my life because I couldn't really see) thinking for sure they'd have a pay phone. As I manually lifted my eyelids to get a glimpse of my surroundings I saw it across the street...WALGREENS!!!... which had been blocked from my view by the gas station and blinding sunlight. I quickly made my way to the corner of a very dangerous intersection to make my walk of death across the street. I was able to keep my eyes open long enough to see the green man appear that lets me know I can "walk." As I stepped into the street my eyes shut again and I prayed that I could walk straight. As I got toward the othe side of the street I heard Adam honk the horn of our car. I was so excited and relieved to have found him and to have made it safely across the street that I had a little cry of relief. The world is less scary when you can see!

3 comments:

Brittany and Marcin said...

i can't believe that! That would have been too scary for me to attempt. let me know if you need anything.

Lara said...

so sorry you are having to go through this right now. I sure hope you get to the bottom of it very soon. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Caralee said...

Laura- I'm so glad you and Adam found each other. What is the deal with your eyes? Did I miss what is going on in an earlier post? I hope what ever it is that it will be corrected soon. I'll be thinking about you...