Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankful for Family!

This was Adam and mine's first Thanksgiving together as a married couple. We got to have the wonderful treat of hosting Thanksgiving for my family at our house. They drove all the way up from Georgia to share the holiday with us. My mom is such a good cook, so it was nice to have her help in the kitchen. Adam made his delicious mashed potatoes (oh yes, he makes the best!), and he got to use his dissecting skills from podiatry school to carve the turkey.
It was nice to have my parents and four brothers around. At the holidays I always miss chaos since I grew up in a big family with a lot of noise. I must say that for those few days they were here, there wasn't a quiet moment.

Coming from Georgia, my family doesn't see a whole lot of snow. Dario prayed that there would be snow while they were here, and...

You can see that it snowed...

enough for the boys to play in the snow! It was such a fun day for everyone. I was so glad that my family was able to spend the holiday with us.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

You have that much snow already? We had one day with mushy wet snow that didn't stick, but haven't had any since. Not that I'm complaining...

Cassie said...

I have actually been wishing it would snow here is Provo but it still hasnt. I love the bags over everyone's shoes!

Anonymous said...

WOW, it looks really different from when we were there in the summer. I am so glad y'all had such a nice visit. Family is so awesome to have around!

Anonymous said...

Oops..not sure what I did but that last comment was from me. Sorry.