Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mysterious Ways

Adam and I decided to take advantage of the Veteran's Day Weekend sales and went couch shopping. The couch we had was functional, but we just didn't have enough sitting spaces for when we have company over. So, we decided it was time for a new couch and loveseat. Our search was successful at the third store we went to that day. We found some comfortable couches that were on sale and right in our budget. A little problem did occur...we were sitting on the last couch that they had...so if we wanted it we had to use the floor sample. We ended up getting a price cut because it was the floor sample. The love seat was going to be delivered on Friday.
We needed someone to be at home when the love seat was delivered, so Adam stayed home on Friday. When no one called to give us a delivery time window Adam called the company only to find that it wasn't going to be delivered until next Friday. This was so frustrating because we're celebrating our Thanksgiving on Friday because my family can't come in until Thursday evening. I really didn't want to have to worry about getting furniture on that day. Well, everything ended up working out even better than expected. The store we bought the furniture from told us that we could have the floor sample love seat and that they'd knock $100 off and we didn't have to pay a delivery fee. It amazes me how sometimes little inconveniences turn out to be blessings. My mom used to tell me, "Complain less and get more blessings." I don't know that we necessarily get more blessing for not complaining, but I do know that our attitude is adjusted tobe able to notice the blessings.

Well, I love our new couch and loveseat. They are so comfortable. Adam loves that they recline (that was his selling point), and I love that you can rock in the love seat (it'll be good for the babies we'll have someday)! Mostly, I love that Heavenly Father is aware of all his children.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

VERY nice furniture...don't you love getting a great deal!?!? Hope you enjoy many nights of snuggling! :)

Caralee said...

the couches look great! Glad to hear you guys are doing so well.