He also likes to line them up the other way too.
He's all about the cars these days. They're driving around everywhere when he's not lining them up.
His other favorite activity: reading. This kid could look at books ALL day. He also wants us to read them to him all day. No longer how long I read to him, he's still upset when I finish. In fact, he just said his first sentence this week: "More books."
Whenever he was little my pediatrician advised me to make sure I read to him. She said that little boys have an especially difficult time sitting still and paying attention and that reading to him now will help him with this when he's older. Well, if you know me, I'm a little bit obsessive about following rules, especially the ones that I know will bring good consequences. So, I read to him...a lot because I wanted him to be able to pay attention in school and church. I think I may have overdone it though. I'm pretty sure he's going to be the one who gets in trouble for reading in class when he's supposed to be paying attention to the teacher.
4 comments:
these are the kind of students that every teacher loves!! because yes, with boys especially it is such a struggle to have them be attentive. i sure hope i can teach little jonas and charlotte! (:
you're such a great mom laura!
We had a kid or two who would line up their toys. Chase comes to mind when he would line up all his dinosaurs by height and length.
You are such a good mama and what great advice from your pediatrician! I love how he lines up his cars. My brothers and I would do that with the hundreds of hotwheels that we had. We had lines of them all over the house! Your kiddos continue to get cuter and smarter each day.
This is SO cute! Books are gold at our house. GOLD. I buy books for birthdays, holidays, and bribes. Santa brought Kindle Fires. Best. Thing. Ever. I can't wait to have Jonas (and all of you) at our house to read books.
Post a Comment