Monday, February 13, 2012

25th

So, I just celebrated my 25th birthday.  It's the best birthday I've ever had.  Easy.  My parents drove all the way up from Georgia to celebrate.  As if that wasn't enough, they also arranged a hotel stay for Adam and I so we could get away while they watched the kids.  I haven't spoken much about how hard December and January were, but it was HARD.  Adam was on call for those two months, and we hardly saw each other at all.  Adam hardly had time to sleep or eat.  We were tired.  Emotions ran strong.  Patience ran thin.  I do have to say that despite everything we had going on, we did a pretty good job of keeping our heads afloat.  The day before my parents let us know they were planning on coming up I had told Adam, "All I want for my birthday is to stay in bed in while you get up with the kids, make them breakfast and clean the kitchen."  Well, instead the hubby and I got to sleep in and go out to breakfast while my mom and dad made the kids breakfast and cleaned the kitchen.  It gets even better than that...my mom also made lunch and dinner and a snicker doodle birthday cake! 
Their trip up here also made it possible for us to go to the temple in Columbus which was a huge blessing...it had been a while since we've been able to go due to externships, nursing a baby, and the insane residency schedule.  It was nice to go to the temple and refocus on what is important eternally.  It was also nice having 4 hours in the car together to just talk and be "us."
I have to say that I really missed the kids though.  After being with them almost constantly for the past two months, I kind of felt like I was missing a limb (or two) being without them.  However, I am fairly certain they did not feel the same way about me.  My mom said the only time either of them made mention of me was when C took a bathroom break in the middle of the night.  They had so much fun with Mita and Papitito!

My brothers Dario and Dallen also came up for the weekend.  It was great to have some time to hang out with them. 
The only unfavorable thing about this visit was the length.  Two days just isn't long enough...especially when I was gone for one of them.  I am so, so grateful for my parents making my 25th so memorable!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great birthday! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away and have a little break. You deserve it.

Randee Mecham said...

Really I couldn't think of a better birthday gift! Your parents are awesome. Happy belated birthday!

Rachel Holloway said...

That is the COOLEST birthday EVER! So happy for you--and A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :)

Brit said...

how sweet! i just love your parents, so thoughtful! it was great to see a pic of dario and (not so little) dallin as well! i'm glad you had the best 25th! (:

Amber said...

Sooooo nice!!! Glad you were able to have some time with just your hubby! Residency is stressful!!! Happy Birthday girl! :)

Amber said...

Sooooo nice!!! Glad you were able to have some time with just your hubby! Residency is stressful!!! Happy Birthday girl! :)

Sarah said...

I am so happy that your birthday was such a memorable one! Your parents are the best! You guys definitely deserved some time away. Happy Birthday to you again my friend! I sure do miss you.

stephanie said...

Happy Birthday!! Im glad you were able to get away for your birthday! I hope you had a great day!