1. Adam and I switch off date planning responsibilities.
2. It doesn't start until Charlotte is in bed (usually 8pm).
2. It doesn't start until Charlotte is in bed (usually 8pm).
3. It has to be something done at home
4. We can't watch a movie two weekends in a row.
Let me just say, that it can be a little difficult at times to come up with something to do at home that doesn't include watching a movie. Please do not make fun of me if you think any of our ideas are dumb. This weekend, it was my turn to plan it. I decided to go with a "kids" theme. So, we built this tent in the living room.
(Adam is all hunched over because he was too tall for me to get his head and the burner in the same picture.)
We ate our dinner in our tent and then read some Calvin and Hobbes comic books that I checked out from the library. It was a very fun night!
9 comments:
I love it. Very creative. I miss those good ole kid days sometimes
Very cleaver. We might have to borrow your idea!
awww, that is so cute and so creative!!
What a great idea! I love your "rules". They are super!!! Sounds like a really fun night!
that's such a cute idea!
So fun! I love the idea of eating hot dogs and smores in a tent. Very cute and creative. Thanks for sharing the idea! Date nights are the best.
That is so fun!! I planned a date just like that for (my) Adam and me when we first got married. We made mini smores, hotdogs, and then slept in the living room on the floor in sleeping bags and watched a movie on my laptop. Stupid ideas like that are some of the most fun!
What fun memories you're creating. Some day you'll look back on these years and realize they were some of the best years you had together. Enjoy them now before you get too busy running kids around all the time and being too exhausted to even think about being creative.
I'm looking forward to Adam turn for date night, no video games either, right?
You are my hero! The ridiculous stuff is the bestest!
Post a Comment