Sunday, February 8, 2009

International Waffle Day

We celebrated yet another International Waffle Day. For those of you who missed last year's post, you can read about the made up holiday here. It was a delicious event again this year! We had quite the array of toppings from ice cream and chocolate chips to choke cherry syrup and whip cream. It really was tough to decide what to put on each waffle. We had some friends over to join in the eating. Lindsay and Marshall were first time celebraters, and we're pretty sure they'll be coming around next year. Dan and Amber (well, we just can't seem to get rid of them!) came over for the holiday last year and we always love having them come back for more. Rachel also came over for the holiday this year, and we're hoping she adopts the holiday as well.
On a side note, Charlotte's half birthday just happens to fall on International Waffle Day. So, I have to thrown in a couple pictures of her.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Waffles are the best. Maybe we will have to celebrate that holiday. LOL I cannot believe how big Charlotte has gotten. She is so adorable and such a sweet girl.

Karen Nelson said...

Hurrah for 6 months! She is so darling and is looking so grown up.
Happy Waffle day too! Looks so yummy!

Karlene said...

You know I was thinking since "International Waffle Day" is such a big hit we should come up with another day to celebrate. What do you think? You know, something like
"International Weekend Away for all Moms and Daughters". I'd love a weekend with just you...miss ya oodles.

Charlissa said...

I was totally going to implement it with my room mates this semester but alas I forgot and did not remember until it was almost Sunday. I was sad.

LAUREN AND TYSON said...

What a fun tradition! I can't get over how cute Charlotte is. She is seriously a doll.