Monday, December 22, 2008

Oh, how festive!

So, what would the Christmas season be without making gingerbread houses? We're still not ambitious enough to make genuine gingerbread houses, so graham crackers are what we use. One day, perhaps, I'll be brave enough to try the real thing.
Here's the construction zone:
Ma and Dito made a cute little ranch style home:Adam made either an apartment building or a castle...it depends on who you're talking to:
I made a church:With all the variety we had, we decided we could make a little gingerbread city. Nathan's creation helped us determine what city it was. His house collapsed. Therefore, it must be Cleveland since most the homes there are vacant and falling apart. ;)Here's our mini-Cleveland:

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HOW FUN! We are doing gingerbread houses tomorrow. But I LOVE your Cleveland look-alike...very funny!

Jodi said...

I've always wanted to do that- looks like fun. I am glad you are home with your family having a good time.

Kim said...

I'm going to have to give this a try next Christmas with my grandkids. What fun! Not sure how I'd do with the decorating, you should have seen my Christmas cookies this year. They didn't turn out the greatest. And of course it is to late to share photos of them we ate the evidence.

Wendy said...

It makes me so happy to see that Nathan is still a kid at heart. I loved the creativity but my favorite is the church. You're a genius Laura!