Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Happened at Midnight

I admit it...I went to the midnight showing of Twilight. I bought my ticket days in advance. I showed up to the theatre early. I survived all the squealing high school girls who were swooning over Edward. I swooned a bit myself,but for Jacob, not Edward. Also, I never squealed. I wasn't alone in this fanatical event. There were other post teenagers there...lots of them, and I have proof:
In all seriousness though: I went, I watched, I witnessed. It was so much fun to be there with all the energy that was buzzing through the theater. Things got exciting enough to bring out a camera man from one of the local news stations. I really enjoyed the movie. It had it's weak spots due to the fact that it was a lower budget film, but I think they did an excellent job with all the characters. Most of them looked just they way I had pictured them in my mind when reading the book. I think the best part though was going with a bunch of the other podiatry wives at midnight. It was fun to feel a little carefree again!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

It was a blast! I am so glad that you went with me. Midnight showings are the best. I LOVED the movie too! Yay for Twilight.

Rachel Holloway said...

You are so funny!! I am so glad you got to go feel carefree and hang out with the ladies! :) FUN, FUN!

Jessica said...

I just really want to go see it!! But they are all sold out! :(

Hayley said...

that's great laura! I too went to the midnight showing and was NOT disappointed!

Christina! said...

I didn't go at midnight, but I went last night and it was really amazing. I think they did a really good job of transferring all the characters onto the screen. Mike Newton and Emmett were my favorites! They matched so perfectly. I want to see it again!

Karen Nelson said...

I still have not had a chance to see the movie. I hope to go tomorrow. I will let you know when I have seen it but I am glad that everyone has liked it. The critics have not been very kind in their ratings.